Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jape

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
twitter is not showing up in the notification center. I have it enabled twitter notifications enabled, but only weather and stocks show up.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
twitter is not showing up in the notification center. I have it enabled twitter notifications enabled, but only weather and stocks show up.

it will appear in Notification Center only when you receive a NEW tweet.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I have the same issue. I get notifications for mail, ESPN, and other apps, but no tweet notifications ever pop up. I have all notifications set to on in Settings->Notifications->Twitter and also have notifications set to on from within the Twitter app.

Any clues?

Newfiebill

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Makes Sence

If you were to get a notifcation form every single tweet for "ALL" your followers or people you follow then your idevice would not be able to keep up.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
If you were to get a notifcation form every single tweet for "ALL" your followers or people you follow then your idevice would not be able to keep up.

Yeah, this makes sense, I get it. For me though, I don't tweet with anyone. I just have an account setup to get news from a couple sports columnists and that's it. It would be nice if there could be a setting which you could receive standard tweets from marked individuals.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Yeah, this makes sense, I get it. For me though, I don't tweet with anyone. I just have an account setup to get news from a couple sports columnists and that's it. It would be nice if there could be a setting which you could receive standard tweets from marked individuals.

You can. Sort of. On Twitter.com, you can select certain accounts to be sent as a text every time they tweet. I use it on accounts I'm expecting big news from. Just make sure you have unlimited texts as it can rack them up fast.

sexybravesfan

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Notification Center is the perfect place for a news feed and sports ticker similar to the stock and weather widgets. I too was hoping that I could use twitter as my news feed in Notification center, but oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.