Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
:rolleyes: Kinda hard for 47% of iPhone 4S users to be disappointed in the product when it hasn't even arrived on their door step yet.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
Seriously, no matter what they put out, people would find things to be disappointed in.

djuzi05

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2011
What a god awful inference from a terribly designed survey. No one's taken a statistics class before lol

cPol

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2011
Lowell, MA
I'll freely admit, I didn't read the article, I just skipped to the charts. "Disappointed" is a Hell of a long way from "I wish it had [option]."

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Well, the sample base on a forum such as this one is going to be skewed, but I said days ago I think a lot of those who are so excited now will be disappointed after they spend some times with the 4s. This of course only applies to current iPhone 4 users. The differences are technologically serious, but provide very little that will be obvious to the end user.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Agreed. I think the article and charts should have been about who is buying or not buying the iPhone 4S.

They are disappointed at the announcement of features, not at the user experience of the phone. Since you know it hasn't shipped yet.

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
No, this does not work. You can't take a survey about a product that has not reached consumers yet and ask if they are disappointed.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
Well, the sample base on a forum such as this one is going to be skewed, but I said days ago I think a lot of those who are so excited now will be disappointed after they spend some times with the 4s. This of course only applies to current iPhone 4 users. The differences are technologically serious, but provide very little that will be obvious to the end user.

Yes the sample here will be skewed, but their headline is amazingly misleading. Some people were disappointed with the ANNOUNCEMENT of the iPhone 4S. People are not disappointed with the actual phone because very, very few have it yet. Not to mention that they're taking, "I wish it had this or that," to mean that they're disappointed. That's a big assumption.

People can grumble and say "I think they'll be disappointed," blah blah blah, but until people actually start using the phone and deciding for themselves it's all just conjecture and is quite pointless.

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
Oh for the love of...

facts:

The 4S is the best iPhone yet.
The 4S sold out faster and bigger than any iPhone yet.
The dang thing could be gold plated and diamond encrusted and people would still bitch.

Simple as this... Dont like it, dont buy it. There is no way on earth that detractors will convince anyone that this phone release was a bad idea.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
You should be disappointed, the 4S is a re-release of the iPhone4, with the most minimal of upgrades. The same wristwatch tiny 3.5" screen, the washed out colors, and still a screen full of app icons and no widgets :rolleyes:

I was all set to go back to Apple, if they released the iPhone5 with 4" screen made by LG with the AMOELD technology, and thinner/lighter design. I was really expecting that this year. But the 4S, LOL no way. If you currently have the iPhone4 there is almost zero reason to upgrade to the 4S, it will barely be noticeable.

I know the 4S is the hottest seller to date, but so what, McDonald's is the #1 hamburger seller too, doesn't mean it's good, just because they have sold 1 billion+ burgers.

Bring on the Nexus-Prime already.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
You should be disappointed, the 4S is a re-release of the iPhone4, with the most minimal of upgrades. The same wristwatch tiny 3.5" screen, the washed out colors, and still a screen full of app icons and no widgets :rolleyes:

I was all set to go back to Apple, if they released the iPhone5 with 4" screen made by LG with the AMOELD technology, and thinner/lighter design. I was really expecting that this year. But the 4S, LOL no way. If you currently have the iPhone4 there is almost zero reason to upgrade to the 4S, it will barely be noticeable.

I know the 4S is the hottest seller to date, but so what, McDonald's is the #1 hamburger seller too, doesn't mean it's good, just because they have sold 1 billion+ burgers.

Hmm... your McDonalds analogy might just be the best I've ever heard in a conversation of the iPhone.

Very well done.

I love the iPhone and enjoy using them, but they are not the best devices this world has ever seen.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008

Comparing bargain-basement food with high-end smartphones... different markets, yo :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.