Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Epple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I really hope someone can help as I have been trying to fix this all day. :confused:

I am trying to get the iCloud back up and the itunes wifi sync to work on my iPad2.

I have ticked the necessary boxes in itunes, sync'd the phone and then attached the power lead. But the sync button stays grey out.

In relation to the icloud back up, when i press the Back Up Now, all I get is an error message, there was a problem completeing the back up. Please try again later.

Now I have read this MIGHT be down to Apples servers being busy, but when I do the same on my wifes iPhone, to back it up, it starts at least and does'nt return an error message.

Please help??

Bigglesworth

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Try Again Later

I really hope someone can help as I have been trying to fix this all day. :confused:

I am trying to get the iCloud back up and the itunes wifi sync to work on my iPad2.

I have ticked the necessary boxes in itunes, sync'd the phone and then attached the power lead. But the sync button stays grey out.

In relation to the icloud back up, when i press the Back Up Now, all I get is an error message, there was a problem completeing the back up. Please try again later.

Now I have read this MIGHT be down to Apples servers being busy, but when I do the same on my wifes iPhone, to back it up, it starts at least and does'nt return an error message.

Please help??

Epple - I don't know if this will help you, but I was having a similarly puzzling time with iMessage and FaceTime activation on my iPad. One hint I found suggested turning on Set Time Automatically and trying again - it worked for me. You might give it a shot and see if it fixes this too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.