Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:38 PM   #1
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

Is there a way to get Facebook notifications to my phone without having them emailed

For the longest time, I've disabled just about every facebook notification by email that exists.

However, with iOS 5, I'm interested in opening some of these back up... so long as they are sent to my notification center instead of my gmail account.

Can someone tell me how to set up facebook to send notifications (such as when someone posts in a group that I am a member of) to my phone without getting an email about it?

Thanks,
Steve
sakau2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
For the longest time, I've disabled just about every facebook notification by email that exists.

However, with iOS 5, I'm interested in opening some of these back up... so long as they are sent to my notification center instead of my gmail account.

Can someone tell me how to set up facebook to send notifications (such as when someone posts in a group that I am a member of) to my phone without getting an email about it?

Thanks,
Steve
Can't you set facebook up to send text messages for notifications? That might works. Anyway, it the settings of the iphone, you should be able to turn on your notifications on your phone without having to get an email.
Mac'nCheese is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:45 PM   #3
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac'nCheese View Post
Can't you set facebook up to send text messages for notifications? That might works. Anyway, it the settings of the iphone, you should be able to turn on your notifications on your phone without having to get an email.
Yes, but for whatever reason, when I do this... I get email notifications too. So basically I'm notified twice every time something happens because my email goes to my phone as well.
sakau2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier