Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:37 PM   #1
Suhail78
macrumors member

wifi sync does not finish, waiting for items to copy

Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem syncing my iPhone 4 via wifi....

The sync starts and gets to the last step, then just never completes, the status bar in iTunes says "waiting for items to copy". It just sits there like that until I cancel the sync.

Is anyone else having this problem, does anyone know what could be causing this, and the best way to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that I also have an ipad2, that syncs via wifi with no problems at all, only issue is with my iPhone.....help!!!!

Thanks in advance, and best regards to all who respond!!!!
Suhail78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Force332
macrumors member

I am having the same problem but with my iPad 2.
Force332 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:09 AM   #3
blevins321
macrumors 68030

I've noticed that step takes quite a long time but eventually gets through it. I think first sync was nearly 30 mind.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Suhail78
macrumors member

Well, i let my wi-fi sync run overnight on my iphone 4, and it was still "waiting for items to copy" when i woke up, so it was running for over 6 hours, doesn't seem right....

Does ANYONE know what could be causing this and how to fix it?
Suhail78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:53 AM   #5
cnardell
macrumors newbie

WiFi sync issues

I have had this issue, as well as an issue where the iPhone disappears from the list of devices in iTunes periodically. Probably a bug...
cnardell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:01 AM   #6
JoyStiqJunky
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Wifi Sync issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhail78 View Post
Hey everyone,

The sync starts and gets to the last step, then just never completes, the status bar in iTunes says "waiting for items to copy". It just sits there like that until I cancel the sync.

Is anyone else having this problem, does anyone know what could be causing this, and the best way to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that I also have an ipad2, that syncs via wifi with no problems at all, only issue is with my iPhone.....help!!!!

I'm having a similar issue as well, however it occurred on my iPhone 4 when I tried connecting my phone to iTunes to activate Wi-Fi syncing.
I read on another forum that performing a restore on your device should resolve the issue. However, it does seem that there is a possibility that you could lose some data including photos or artwork to certain songs as posted by other individuals on the other thread I came across. I'm going to try it myself since I've already backed up most of my crucial data before. I'll post the results when it finishes.
JoyStiqJunky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:05 PM   #7
MiamiBourne
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhail78 View Post
Hey everyone,

This is happening to my iPad 2 but my iPhone 4 finishes sync with no issues.

Others are having this issue here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
MiamiBourne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 07:15 AM   #8
wizee
macrumors member

Same problem with my Ipad 2, but it only takes about 15 more than before. I can live with waiting 15 extra min. until Apple gets the bug fixed
wizee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:06 PM   #9
Senseotech
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to Senseotech
My iPhone 4S is doing this, and even leaving it for hours, I still get the same result. Mine is specifically artwork waiting to copy, which is odd because I'm using iTunes Match so theres no reason to be copying over artwork. I restored the phone and it worked fine for a few days, then is right back at this issue again.
Senseotech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:03 PM   #10
kimfromSC
macrumors newbie

this worked for us...

hi everyone. there is an answer for this somewhere online but we found a simpler solution than what was offered on the other page.

in finder, go to your iphoto library & say show package contents, then find "ipod photo cache" folder. rename it. we renamed ours ipod_photo_cache instead. all syncing problems solved. good luck.

here is the reference page that we used but we did not delete anything like the other page suggested, we just renamed the file.

http://leimobile.com/faq-how-to-fix-...o-sync-issues/

evidently, there is an issue with iOS5 recognizing the ipod photo cache library from prior versions. this should fix the sync issue.
kimfromSC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:04 PM   #11
jsoto
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to jsoto Send a message via Yahoo to jsoto Send a message via Skype™ to jsoto
I have the same problem since last week also with an iPhone 4 as well.

Edit: I updated iTunes today for the iTunes Match update & iOS 5.0.1 delta update on the iPhone 4 it finally finished syncing fine. Hopefully this helps someone.

Last edited by jsoto; Nov 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
jsoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:17 PM   #12
kimfromSC
macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

hi everyone. there is an answer for this somewhere online but we found a simpler solution than what was offered on the other page.

in finder, go to your iphoto library & say show package contents, then find "ipod photo cache" folder. rename it. we renamed ours ipod_photo_cache instead. all syncing problems solved. good luck.

here is the reference page that we used but we did not delete anything like the other page suggested, we just renamed the file.

http://leimobile.com/faq-how-to-fix-ios-5-photo-sync-issues/

evidently, there is an issue with iOS5 recognizing the ipod photo cache library from prior versions. this should fix the sync issue.
kimfromSC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Tags
ios 5, iphone4, problems, wifi sync