Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:18 AM   #1
xAsteroidx
macrumors newbie

iTunes iPad Backup in OSX

I recently tried backing up my iPad in iTunes and it took an unusually long time, so I assumed that there was an error and clicked the X, but the hard disk data that the backup took up (which was more than it usually does) was not returned. Do you recommend deleting the backup to free up this space (of an incomplete backup)? This happened after updating to iOS5 btw. I wasn't sure to post this here or in the iOS5 section. Thank you

EDIT:
I checked the list of backups in itunes, and a backup for today doesn't even exist
xAsteroidx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:44 PM   #2
xAsteroidx
macrumors newbie

I found the files the were written in that backup in: Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup/<the ipad backup folder>/Snapshot/

Would it be safe for me to delete these specific files with the timestamp of the backup from the "Snapshot" folder?
xAsteroidx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X