Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowplay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
I must be really missing something here and am pulling my hair out, but I still can't rotate my photos on my iPad. I am aware that there are apps to do it, but is there still no way to do it in the photo app? I don't want to have to export into another app, rotate and then send them back to Photos!

I see they added this to the iPhone software, but I already have a lot of photos on my iPad that are all over the place when I output them on my apple tv.

And while I am moaning, anybody else bugged by the fact the photos are ordered with the oldest first? I would much prefer to see my latest photos at the top. Very annoying when trying to email screen shots just taken.

Help would be appreciated ;)

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
In the photo app, select a photo. At the upper right, you'll see four buttons: "Edit", "Slideshow", the sharing button, and the trash button. Click on the "Edit" button. Now, across the bottom of the screen you'll see four new buttons: "Rotate", "Enhance", "Red Eye", and "Crop". Clicking the "Rotate" button rotates the photo 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Hope this helps...

Snowplay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Nope, no "edit" button there on my iPad 1!

So there must be a real problem with the iPads A4 processor not being able to handle rotating photos then (sarcasm) Just as it can't handle appletv mirroring or multi gestures?

I am getting a little tired of being made feel like a second class citizen by apple as soon as my product is one generation behind. My iPad was bought about 9 months ago, before the ipad 2 came out!

I might have to go and buy and iPad 2 now so I get these features, but then maybe in a few months an ipad3 will be out and I will be back to square one as soon as the next iOS update happens.

I know this is how tech companies work, but blocking rotating a photo FFS!!!!!????:(

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
There's no trash button on the ipad 1 either. I thought iOS5 was supposed to make me PC free but I can't do any organizing or deleting of photos? That's not even something that requires graphics power. What gives?

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
There's no trash button on the ipad 1 either. I thought iOS5 was supposed to make me PC free but I can't do any organizing or deleting of photos? That's not even something that requires graphics power. What gives?

:confused: I think you can only trash pictures in camera roll, not ones sync'd from the computer, even on an iPad 2.

svjim

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
iOS 5 Down Grade of iPad 1

Any more info on the iOS 5 down grade of the iPad 1 for photo rotations???

svjim

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
10,000,000 + iPad 1 users Downgraded with iOS5

Nope, no "edit" button there on my iPad 1!

I am getting a little tired of being made feel like a second class citizen by apple as soon as my product is one generation behind. My iPad was bought about 9 months ago, before the ipad 2 came out!

:(

I have a hard time believing how silent most iPad 1 users have been over the loss of the most trivial of photo editing capabilities, photo rotation in iOS5. Every single device type that supports iOS5 but the iPad 1 has photo editing on it. What type of stupid marketing decision did Apple make in literally downgrading the capabilities of iPad 1 users. It is not a processor issue, as the iPad 1 has plenty of processing power. The only half baked technical consideration that I have heard that makes any sense at all is that it is because the iPad 1 does not have a camera. However, image editing does not occur in the camera, it occurs on the saved image and there is no difference between a saved jpeg image from a camera and an imported jpeg image.

If you own an iPad 1, you should contact Apple and demand that they give you the same capabilities that all other iOS 5 devices have. There are over 10 million of you. Apple will listen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.