Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Anyone know how to fix this? (see attached file).

Previously I had my MobileMe and Gmail mailboxes. Now there's two iCloud, one is clearly the new iCloud and one is my old MobileMe account renamed. The problem is I'm getting two of every email as I get one from each. Not a problem if I look at inboxes separately but I prefer to see all at once so I can see my gmail at the same time.

In Settings it only shows me two different accounts set up, iCloud and Gmail. I've turned the iCloud email off, and then there was only Gmail in my Mail app. Then when I turned it back on, both accounts were still there. Any idea how to delete this extra legacy MobileMe account?

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 89

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Click on the accounts you want to remove then scroll to the very bottom of the screen and you will see a red delete button.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Click on the accounts you want to remove then scroll to the very bottom of the screen and you will see a red delete button.

Nope. No ability to delete by clicking on those accounts from within Mail (like on the screen grab). I can delete an account from within the Settings app but this only allows me to turn iCloud mail on or off, which in turn deletes or reactivates both at the same time.

Mail on OSX is working fine and only bringing in one email at a time as it's only from iCloud.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Nope. No ability to delete by clicking on those accounts from within Mail (like on the screen grab). I can delete an account from within the Settings app but this only allows me to turn iCloud mail on or off, which in turn deletes or reactivates both at the same time.

Mail on OSX is working fine and only bringing in one email at a time as it's only from iCloud.

I don't think you followed what I meant.

20111016-fgmtgtx3b8t2ehjsk53pc54c5s.jpg

Click where I marked here. Then...

20111016-88pqpifnjwwax8tckpkas46e1t.jpg

.. scroll all the way down and click where I marked here.

You have two accounts added for the same email account and this is why you are getting double emails.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
No, I did understand.

I will post the two same menu screen you just did. The first with the different accounts listed, and the second what I see when I click on the account (just as you did).

For mine it's different, and I don't know why. To actually see the screen you got, and the option to delete, I have to get to that through Settings. But there's only one iCloud account (and then my Gmail as well). Deleting the iCloud account gets rid of iCloud and MobileMe, and restarting the account activates both again. I appreciate the help by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 75

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
See, in the Settings app I only have the ability to delete the one account that carries both for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 91

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
See, in the Settings app I only have the ability to delete the one account that carries both for some reason.

20111016-pgepeq738nb1n8r1sfuq3y7ryy.jpg

Sorry... I thought you were in the settings area already. How about if you just delete the entire iCloud account from here and if that removes both you can readd the iCloud account. You should not lose any data as it will all be in iCloud.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Yeah, I tried that and it deletes both accounts from Mail, but when I add the account again it adds both to Mail. So weird.

partysent

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Alright I had this problem, try this...

Go into your settings and click on mail, contacts, an calendars
Go into the iCloud that is connected to ur mobile me account and delete that account. Then go into the iCloud section under settings and sign into from there...

Have you tried that? Worked or me!

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
UK
I've tried deleting the account several times and restarting it, but doing it that exact order has fixed the problem!

So for anyone else who searches and find this thread:

- Go to iCloud within the settings for Mail and delete iCloud (not just turn off Mail for iCloud, actually delete the whole iCloud account). Then go into the actual iCloud settings and login again.

Thanks a lot partysent, that was really bugging me!

Grete

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
I've tried deleting the account several times and restarting it, but doing it that exact order has fixed the problem!

So for anyone else who searches and find this thread:

- Go to iCloud within the settings for Mail and delete iCloud (not just turn off Mail for iCloud, actually delete the whole iCloud account). Then go into the actual iCloud settings and login again.

Thanks a lot partysent, that was really bugging me!

-----------
At long last! Before this fix, I was receiving .me emails in the new iCloud inbox, but all my sent emails were in the sent box in the old MobileMe cloud box. After the fix, I have only the new iCloud mail account, but I lost all sent mail since Feb 25, 2012, the date all this began for me. Additionally, on that date, my iPhone 3G stopped receiving emails, although i can send emails from my old iphone. Thanks for listening. Ideas??

Grete

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks, but I took the steps within the settings app. What a nightmare. Plus, I've been following Apple blogs regarding loss of incoming mail on my old iPhone 3G. The problems must be related. Many have been experiencing that problem, too. Seems to be related to MobileMe and iCloud mail merge. ?? I appreciate the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.