Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:22 AM   #1
medicrx
macrumors newbie

iOS5 Just received a text sent to multiple people, how do I reply only to the sender?

So my sister-in-law (who does not have an iOS device) just sent a picture of my niece trying on her Halloween costume via text message. With the change to iOS5, I can see that she also sent it to 9 other people... (some of whom I know, others are just phone numbers)

I went to reply, like I always have in the past, but it shows that I am replying to the other 9 recipients as well... I don't want to do that as I donít even know who some of those people are.

Does anyone know how I can just reply to her rather than everyone? I know the obvious, just start a new text to her only, but can't I just reply like I always did?
medicrx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Stangs55
macrumors 6502a

You have to create a new SMS to that person.
Stangs55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:26 AM   #3
yloop
macrumors newbie

Just wait till they all start replying to eachother. My phone's been going off every few seconds with other people's conversations for the past few hours. Completely sick of it!

All I want to do is leave the group message I didn't even bloody start. I don't have time to sift through 20/30 messages an hour!
yloop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier