Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Well when you took it out the box, were you pleasantly surprised or slightly underwhelmed?

Do you think it looks more cream than bright white as the Apple website shows?

Do you regret your choice, think it does look more suited for women, or are you loving it?

Thoughts please! :)

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I currently have a white iPhone 4, might get a white iPhone 4S. I do not think its a gender-specific color, reminds me more of my first iPod. I love it.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Well when you took it out the box, were you pleasantly surprised or slightly underwhelmed?

Do you regret your choice, think it does look more suited for women, or are you loving it?

You're talking to a guy that likes the pink iPod Shuffle.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
The black one looks almost like a PSP or something. When you're holding a white iPhone, people KNOW it's an iPhone. When you're holding a black one, people could think it's one of the other hundreds of smartphone devices out there (unless you look closely).

Some phones from the back look very similar to the iPhone 4(S) from a distance.

AaronE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2006
North Carolina
Best choice I made was getting white. I had the black and white 4, but I still think black looks great.

It's different and most people don't pick white.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
You're talking to a guy that likes the pink iPod Shuffle.

And there is nothing wrong with a pink iPod Shuffle, except only what people make of it.

I bought a pink iPod Shuffle. I took it to a 3rd party and had my friend's name engraved on it with 3 words underneath it: Breast Cancer Survivor. I then gave it to my friend.

I'd buy another pink one again in a heartbeat if it meant doing that.

BL.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
The black one looks almost like a PSP or something. When you're holding a white iPhone, people KNOW it's an iPhone. When you're holding a black one, people could think it's one of the other hundreds of smartphone devices out there (unless you look closely).

this reminds me..
ffffunny-pload20111005-10246-1o6fg8g-0.

crunkcrumpet

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2005

PSP also comes in white :eek:

ATaleOfFiction

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Absolutely love it. Grabbed a Power Support screen/back protector, and that's about all the care my phone's gonna get.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I had to do a double take on the thread title. I'm a white iPhone 4 owner who got mine in black! :)

cfairbank

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2006
Having second thoughts on my white. Wife called and said it was delivered but won't be home till tomorrow. Have a black 4 now and thought I should go with something different. Guess I need to decide by morning.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I have to say white iPhone with the black bumper looks awesome. Good choice I made imo

andyblila

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2008
On My iPhone, or my iPad?

When did white become a color synonomous with women? I understand the reference with pink at least.

In answer to your question though, I had a black iPhone 4 and went with the white to try something different. I absolutely love it.

To me it makes the screen look bigger.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I am in love!!

I have to admit I can't take my eyes off my new white phone! The last three I've had were all black and I loved them, considering black is my favorite color. However, looking at all the marketing material, it almost feels like white is the new official color, representing the iPhone 4S. Whether that was done intentional, in an effort to create distinction from the previous model, I don't know but it totally made me want to get it in white and I like it more than the ones I've had before, including the 4.

As for the type of white, it actually makes me think of skim milk. Weird, I know. :p

PS: I'm a guy.

----------

Love my white iPhone :cool:

I keep just picking it up to look at it....I don't wanna put it down haha.

Whew! Thought I was the only one losing his mind.

$inner

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
yup 100% first white iphone and i dont think i would go back now.

but maybe if they made a red one :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.