Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macgeeza

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Hi,
After updating my iPhone 4 to ios5 I seem to have a problem with location services, all the slider switches are stuck so I can't turn location services on or off and I can't select which apps have it turned on or off.

I have restored the phone about three times to try and fix this but everytime it's the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem or do you know what I should do to fix it please.

Thanks

Macgeeza

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Looks like i am the only one having this problem then?,
Could there be something I need to change in the settings?

Macgeeza

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Looks like I am just going to have to wait until apple releases an update to ios5 and hopefully that will fix it, I don't see an option to download the software again and start a fresh cos when I plug my phone into iTunes it just says my software is up to date?.

Macgeeza

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Update, if anyone is interested?

I reset all settings on my phone and this seems to sort it out, but now my phone is like a new phone so i have lost all connection setting like wifi etc. arrgh!, its so annoying.

Looks like i am gonna have to go through and set up my phone again manually,
Great!, thanks apple *sarcasm*

BmoreDrumGuy

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I may be a bit late to your party to help out, but since hindsight will prove valuable sometime else, I'll speak up. It seems to me that you have your location services being blocked from being changed with a pass code. You can change that by going to Settings> General> (enter code if enabled) Restrictions> Location...make changes to it here.

Samgoddard

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
iPad location service failure

Hey mac. I have same issue but with iPad. Any suggestions for me? My iphone4s works fine. iPad can't find me on any app

Last edited:

Macgeeza

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
I may be a bit late to your party to help out, but since hindsight will prove valuable sometime else, I'll speak up. It seems to me that you have your location services being blocked from being changed with a pass code. You can change that by going to Settings> General> (enter code if enabled) Restrictions> Location...make changes to it here.

Thank you!
Thats so good it is now fixed by doing what you said and i don't have to put in all my settings again. Yay!

I went to restrictions then in the locations part my phone was set to "Don't allow changes", i changed that to "Allow Changes" and now it all works fine.

Thanks again for helping me :)

BmoreDrumGuy

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Thank you!
Thats so good it is now fixed by doing what you said and i don't have to put in all my settings again. Yay!

I went to restrictions then in the locations part my phone was set to "Don't allow changes", i changed that to "Allow Changes" and now it all works fine.

Thanks again for helping me :)

Glad I could help! This seemed a bit odd to me at first, but think its done solely as a way to prevent someone from disabling the "find my iPhone" option if you loose it or it gets stolen.

micaelamagnaye

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
Hi,
I have updated my iPhone 4 to ios5 and seem to have a problem with location services, all the slider switches are stuck so I can't turn location services on or off and I can't select which apps have it turned on or off.

I had read some problems like mine too. And there was a reply considering the use of the restriction code. But my problem is, I forgot my restriction passcode. And i just dont know what to do, please help me :( Thankyou!

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Hi,
I have updated my iPhone 4 to ios5 and seem to have a problem with location services, all the slider switches are stuck so I can't turn location services on or off and I can't select which apps have it turned on or off.

I had read some problems like mine too. And there was a reply considering the use of the restriction code. But my problem is, I forgot my restriction passcode. And i just dont know what to do, please help me :( Thankyou!

Restore iOS and don't do it from a backup,theres no way around it I think.

iJeffrey

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Old Bar, Australia
Thank You

Originally Posted by BmoreDrumGuy

Thank you Bmoreguy!! I gave up trying to fix this several times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.