Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Broric
macrumors member

Newsstand - auto renewal of subscription won't turn off

When I go into my app store account and click mange subscriptions the option to turn off the auto renewal is there and when I slide it to off it asks for confirmation but then refreshes and it's turned itself back on.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Broric is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:44 PM   #2
colinwil
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broric View Post
When I go into my app store account and click mange subscriptions the option to turn off the auto renewal is there and when I slide it to off it asks for confirmation but then refreshes and it's turned itself back on.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Yes exactly the same issue. I'm probably gonna have to subscribe to Future Music forever.

Is it me, or do newsstand subscriptions feel a bit dodgy? I'm wondering whether I should have blithely typed in my apple ID & password when subscribing. I hope the magazine publisher don't now have it stored on a grotty, un-secure CSV file on a ropey old server in Dagenham.

The pricing's rubbish too. 4.99 for one month or 14.99 for three. Even I'm numerate enough to spot the cunning 'lets make an extra 2p out of the suckers' ploy. Worse than Tescos!

And the fact that they auto-renew the subscription (with no option to buy a non-renewable one), and then the cancel doesn't work - is the kind of thing you expect when you sign up to an XXX cable TV channel (one would imagine!) - not from Apple.

----------

ps. Thanks for letting me know where the 'Manage Subscriptions' thing is - in the App Store. I'd never have thought of looking there. I was looking in the Magazine's app itself and not finding anything.
colinwil is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier