Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:37 PM   #1
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Gmail forwarding to iCloud(me.com)

I would like to have all my gmail messages forwarded to my iCloud @me.com address. Easy to do in Gmail..... but how do I change the reply-from alias in iCloud to reflect my gmail address (so it appears I am replying from Gmail)?
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:07 PM   #2
AlsoKnownAs
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
I would like to have all my gmail messages forwarded to my iCloud @me.com address. Easy to do in Gmail..... but how do I change the reply-from alias in iCloud to reflect my gmail address (so it appears I am replying from Gmail)?
Unfortunately this is currently not possible. I'd love to do the same but its not yet implemented.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:32 PM   #3
2ndchancephones
macrumors regular

that is just not acceptable....you HAVE to be able to do this or most people won't use the service for that. To me, that is an ender as far as using the email application of iCloud. It looks as though it is waaaaaaay behind the other online email services such as Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo. I really thought that Apple would put a little more effort into iCloud than they did MM, but I guess I was wrong.
2ndchancephones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:35 PM   #4
AlsoKnownAs
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchancephones View Post
that is just not acceptable....you HAVE to be able to do this or most people won't use the service for that. To me, that is an ender as far as using the email application of iCloud. It looks as though it is waaaaaaay behind the other online email services such as Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo. I really thought that Apple would put a little more effort into iCloud than they did MM, but I guess I was wrong.
I just send apple feedback about this here http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

I suggest those who also want this feature to do the same.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:46 PM   #5
2ndchancephones
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoKnownAs View Post
I just send apple feedback about this here http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

I suggest those who also want this feature to do the same.
just did...thanks.
2ndchancephones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:57 PM   #6
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Feedback sent. I don't think Apple will implement this however. iCloud is not MobileMe, besides its free. Just a basic way to sync all iDevices.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:05 PM   #7
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

is there a major reason why you cant have gmail set up as it's own account (esp if you want to send from the gmail address)? along with having iCloud mail? you can get it to push via google sync.

contacts for both emails come from the same pool on the device so that can't be the reason.
androiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:41 PM   #8
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by androiphone View Post
is there a major reason why you cant have gmail set up as it's own account (esp if you want to send from the gmail address)? along with having iCloud mail? you can get it to push via google sync.

contacts for both emails come from the same pool on the device so that can't be the reason.
Sure you can. But if you want to consolidate other emails into iCloud by forwarding to iCloud, responding will have your @me.com address.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:35 PM   #9
DarwinOSX
macrumors 65816

If you forward from mail another service to a .me accountyou have no reason to expect to be able to reply from that service unless you have it as an account on Apple Mail.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services