Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Before iOS 5 I had a MobileMe account that I used for push e-mail and for all my contacts and calendar syncing between my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 4.
I also have a Gmail account that I have always used as my Apple ID (for iTunes and Apple Store purchases).
When I upgraded to iOS 5 I used the Gmail account to set up iCloud since the field on the phone said Apple ID.
Now, this morning I went to http://www.me.com/move to see what that was all about. I wasn't really sure what the purpose was but I kind of thought I would need to do this if I wanted to keep my me.com e-mail address in the future.
Anyway, I completed the transition and was told I need to check my devices for a notification to compete the transition.
I got a popup on my iPhone and it took me to my MobileMe account settings. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now.
Under iCloud settings it shows my Gmail account but if I log into iCloud.com with the Gmail account it shows no contacts.
If I log into iCloud with my me.com account it has all my contacts.
I keep all my contacts in my Address Book on my Mac.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.