Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I set it up in general setting under keyboards but it doesn't seem to work. The default one "omw!" (on my way ) works. but new ones I add don't seem to work.

Anyone else? Updated to ios 5 on my iPhone 4.

French

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I set it up in general setting under keyboards but it doesn't seem to work. The default one "omw!" (on my way ) works. but new ones I add don't seem to work.

Anyone else? Updated to ios 5 on my iPhone 4.

Try rebooting your phone. Mine is working as expected.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

Whoops! I'm an idiot. I had it reversed. So that "tomorrow" wrote out "tmr" instead of the other way around.

Btw the keyboard is still pretty unresponsive in ios5. T still missed key presses. I'm a fast thumber. :T

Axiem

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the first time I did it, I did it backwards, also. The order they ask you to type them in is weird.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Most of mine work, but "yo" still auto-corrects to "to" or "up", pretty annoying as I was excited for this to be fixed :rolleyes:

MACaRHOni

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Keyboard Shortcuts Completely Screwed Up!

I added tons of keyboard shortcuts on my iPhone, and randomly the whole setting completely bugged. I am unable to modify or delete any shortcuts; I can only add them. The screen where you can view all shortcuts is blank, and the "Edit" button does nothing (since I can't view the shortcuts that I want to edit). Please help! I need to remove some of the shortcuts because they interfere with shorthand texting with my foreign friends :(

Kopfjager

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2012
Same Problem

I added tons of keyboard shortcuts on my iPhone, and randomly the whole setting completely bugged. I am unable to modify or delete any shortcuts; I can only add them. The screen where you can view all shortcuts is blank, and the "Edit" button does nothing (since I can't view the shortcuts that I want to edit). Please help! I need to remove some of the shortcuts because they interfere with shorthand texting with my foreign friends :(

Keyboard, Shortcuts user interface is blank. Shortcuts still work but you cannot see them in the ui. Have been able to fix?

Sensientuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
I had this issue since upgrading an IPhone 4 to IOS 6. One of the changes in IOS 6 is backing up the shortcuts to the cloud so on a whim I turned off "settings->ICloud->documents and data" then checked my shortcuts... some were missing some were duplicated (I assume the cloud and my device had the shortcut but sych had not worked correctly) deleted to duplicates.

BUT the others now worked.

Turned "settings->ICloud->documents and data" back on, created a new shortcut and this now worked also.

Time will tell if this "fix" is only temporary - but to me it looks like an issue with the ICloud synch

HTH

Keyboard, Shortcuts user interface is blank. Shortcuts still work but you cannot see them in the ui. Have been able to fix?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.