Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

aapl.jpg

Apple's stock price closed at its highest price ever today, closing at $422.00 as Sprint and AT&T announced record iPhone Sales. It wasn't an all-time high price for the stock, however. That was reached during intraday trading three weeks ago on September 20, at $422.86.

Apple's fourth quarter earnings will be announced next Tuesday, October 18th at 4:30PM.

Article Link: iPhone 4S Launch Sends Apple Stock to Its Highest Close Ever

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Yep, Apple is definitely in trouble for not releasing the iPhone 5 with a 4" screen

Hahaha. I know, right!? I bet you any manufacturer out there WISHES for a launch as successful as this iPhone flop! ;)

To all those who said: Bigger screen or bust!

Yeah...BUSTING records, that is.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
but the 4S is a flop! LOL Hater's gonna hate... go ahead and buy your crappy droid products!

Lotusman

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Oh Apple, you are so hopeless...:rolleyes: Anyone would think you know EXACTLY what you're doing!!!:D

SCEvan

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
The thing that makes me most happy about this is that I'm sure there are people who shorted the stock to profit off of Job's death and they are losing money right now.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
They just keep on going up and up!

How can they not. iOS 5 is a sweet os even on the iPhone 4 its smoother and fast than iOS 4 was and with the iPhone 4s its going to run like a race horse.

but even more in about 12 months we are going to see iPhone 5 which we all now know will be a game changer considering iPhone 4 has bee.

android is fine for those who like windows want cheap equipment raped up in a plastic box of poop. but for the richer crowed that makes up apple buyers why would we settle for less when apple still keeps delivering.

Android has gotten better but still if feels like windows xp on a phone. MS is again putting bloatware on their to be phones and tablet so who is left not HP which we where hopping for that was a joke.

No Steve may be gone but his spirit inside the company is still there and the key people in the company are a bit just like him.

Apple is not going to disappoint us for another decade or two can't say after that what will happen.

Now lets imagine the iPhone 5, iPad 3, appletv 3... the list goes on and one. So who here is drooling for windows 8. Downloaded it and had a good laugh at how bloated it was with what you have to do for simple stuff. :apple:

appleAK5

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Alaska
On Tuesday October 18th, the stock should jump another $20 or so, pushing it over $440. And people think "oil companies" are making money hand over fist...

What's next for Apple?

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
I remember reading right after Steve came back that someone sold 2,000,000 shares and if it was Steve, the last time he did that the stock took off. So, it might be a good buy. It was below book value at that point. Now it's at 422, and split three times since then. So that's, what, from about $12 to $1,266 per share? FML.

Fairchild

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
On Tuesday October 18th, the stock should jump another $20 or so, pushing it over $440. And people think "oil companies" are making money hand over fist...

What's next for Apple?

I would expect to see a fairly large sell-off if there is good news on the 18th. The power players control the price and they will try to drive it down so they can profit and buy back in at a lower price long before the next surge that will develop in anticipation of iPad 3. Small time traders will get squeezed if they aren't in it for the long haul.

Consequence

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2011
Apple Stock Options

Today AAPL gave me the cash to buy a 4s and an iPad, and those thunderbolt screens seem pretty cool.. Thank you once again Apple. I love you. ;)

Attachments

• apple oct 14, 2001.jpg
    apple oct 14, 2001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 640

Seiga

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Explain this to me...

How is Sprint having record sales in iPhone when this is the first time ever they're selling the iPhone. I'm just going based on how this article is worded.

Sprint and AT&T announced record iPhone Sales.

Can't have record iPhone sales if you don't have iPhone figures from a previous sale. Just sayin.

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
If I had put about $2K (which is what my mom put in my savings account after my g-ma died and left her some money) in 1986 into AAPL, I'd have about $3.3 million right now. Realistically I would have cashed out in '97 when I turned 18 for about $8K and spent it on a crappy car and drugs. Sure am glad I can't kick myself for that one!

Windlasher

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
minneapolis
How is Sprint having record sales in iPhone when this is the first time ever they're selling the iPhone. I'm just going based on how this article is worded.

Can't have record iPhone sales if you don't have iPhone figures from a previous sale. Just sayin.

DUH - They mean record one day sales for ANY phone they have carried.

MacApple21

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
Denmark
Here's to those who was in

I'm just happy I bought 500 shares at $82 i 2008 - APPL, or AAPL for that matter, has earned me all the money I'm ever going to spend on Apple products :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.