Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NRubino

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
OK, so I just got my iPhone4S all set up and I go to use Siri and every question I ask it just keeps replying "I'm sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network"

Tried it with my Wi-Fi connection and with my 3G and it's not working...

And Im still on hold with Apple.... Ughh Help!!

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Same thing happened to me. Got the phone around 4:30 and it worked perfectly. Went to use Siri again around 7:30 and it would stop listening as soon as I hit the mic and say there was a problem. Tried off and on since then and now, at 10:10, its still messing up, saying it can't connect to the network, even though everything else is fine.

NRubino

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Same thing happened to me. Got the phone around 4:30 and it worked perfectly. Went to use Siri again around 7:30 and it would stop listening as soon as I hit the mic and say there was a problem. Tried off and on since then and now, at 10:10, its still messing up, saying it can't connect to the network, even though everything else is fine.

Yeah mine never worked. On the phone with Apple Support now. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

mexirican

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Siri- having trouble

same boat it was working PERFECT called verizon upped my data ever since then it won't understand a thing.. Sorry having trouble.... It started working better i disabled it ,,,, rebooted the phone,,,, came back enabled it

Last edited:

MLWings19

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2006
Severn, MD
I'm having the same problem. It works every now and when it does work it is very slow but that is only about 10% of the time. Maybe Apple's servers are overloaded.

BillyWitchDr

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Obviously Apple's servers aren't up for handling the launch day traffic. It worked so well when Apple was the only phone in the world using siri during their demo.

DennisC17

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Working great (if a little slow sometimes) for me. My wife sitting next to me is having ZERO luck. I think I might have to shun Siri for a little while until it gives her some respect.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Same issues here. Resetting network settings didnt work. I haven't been able to use Siri at all. Hopefully they fix this soon. The thing I was looking forward to the most.

raelinjack

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Please reply

Hi! I got my new iPhone 4S today and had AT&T activate it, Siri works great. My husband was using his iPhone 4 all day and I had his new 4S at home waiting for him and we popped in the sim card ourselves and are having the same problem, Siri just will NOT connect to the network. You spoke to Apple? What's the trick? Your not alone! Thank you! :eek:

pfjellman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
Oregon

This seemed to work for me, but I did a random combination of the following as well which finally fixed the problem:

Go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings (I did this once on my phone, FOUR TIMES on my girlfriend's phone).

Also restarted the main router once.

It worked right away on my phone and worked after several tries on my girlfriend's, so we both had the issue and this solved it.

Now Sirii is talking to both of us lightening quick. Love it!

Vcalvo

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Siri having trouble connecting.

I fixed it by holding down the "home" button until Siri pops up. Then ask it anything and wait for it to fail. While Siri is still popped up hold the "sleep/wake" button until the "slide to power off" appears then let go. While you still have the "slide to power off" on screen hold the home button until screen goes blank or to the home screen. Ta da :cool:- fixed. Siri should be working.

Crisy547

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Siri

Earlier Siri couldn't connect to the network but I simply reset network settings, allowed it to reboot, and now she's talking to me again. :D

Blaze420dnb

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I fixed it by holding down the "home" button until Siri pops up. Then ask it anything and wait for it to fail. While Siri is still popped up hold the "sleep/wake" button until the "slide to power off" appears then let go. While you still have the "slide to power off" on screen hold the home button until screen goes blank or to the home screen. Ta da :cool:- fixed. Siri should be working.

No need for that. JUST GO TO "SETTINGS".... Then "GENERAL" then "SIRI" then TURN SIRI OFF AND THEN BACK ON... If it still doesn't work then turn it to OFF, restart your phone, and then ENABLE Siri thru the settings/general tab and you should be good

oberhaus

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
OK, so I just got my iPhone4S all set up and I go to use Siri and every question I ask it just keeps replying "I'm sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network"

Tried it with my Wi-Fi connection and with my 3G and it's not working...

And Im still on hold with Apple.... Ughh Help!!

My Siri was working, and then it stopped. I tried the following:
  • Reset network settings. Didn't fix it right away.
  • Disabled Siri, rebooted, enabled Siri. Didn't fix it right away.

Then I waited for awhile, and just tried it, and now it's working; I think it takes some time to upload information from your iPhone to Siri's servers, so that it understands what you're talking about.

Another note when trying to diagnose this issue; if Siri complains that it has trouble connecting to the network, can your iPhone connect to the network otherwise? Can you download web pages, etc? If so, that should be your first area of troubleshooting.

Finally, I think I "broke" Siri because I tried to play with Siri in German and French. I got the same result--no answer at first and finally "trouble connecting to the network." I assumed it was my horrible accent in each of those languages... It's possible that switching broke something, but now it seems more likely that whenever you switch a language Siri has to re-upload your information, which apparently takes several minutes.

khnyc1

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
New York, NY
Same Problem with Siri

I don't know how if could be a server problem. I thought Siri is an app that works within one's iPhone. I guess not. Does anyone know if it's across all carriers? I'm on ATT and it started not working as of around noon EST today. And this is suppose to be the big deal with the 4S, aside from the hardware upgrade. Disappointing...

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010

That worked for me, thanks!

----------

"What do you look like naked"

Shiny

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.