Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0nyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,

I got an iPhone4 that has iOS 5.0b5 installed. My carrier is ROGERS but at the moment the iPhone4 is locked to TELUS. Right now, my phone is on the activation screen that says " No SIM Card Installed-Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone" I have successfully jail broken my phone with sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8 using the following IPSW file iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore but at the end when my phone gets restarted Im still back at the activation screen. :confused::confused::confused: If im not mistaken i thought that after i jailbroke it i will be able to by pass the activation screen. Im so confused. If someone can give me a hand ill appreciate it a lot

Attachments

• activate-iphone-1.jpg
    activate-iphone-1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:

google

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
I used snowbreeze 2.8 to create a custom ipsw w hactivation and while preserving my baseband so I can unlock. Run iREB from Snowbreeze by putting it under dfu.

Now restore with the customer firmware and then redsn0w to jailbreak.

0nyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
i have tried to jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.9b4 but unfortunately it gets stuck in a black screen with a loading circle after the reboot. You can see this in the image i have attached. The IPSW that i used is iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore. I can't figure out why its getting stuck there. I have also tried to use the IPSW snowbreeze creates but i get the following error: "That IPSW is not supported by this version of redsn0w".

when i try to jailbreak it with snowbreeze 2.8b8 i get the following error

"The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3014)"

when im trying to restore the iphone with ipsw created by snowbreeze.
which mode are u selecting? baseband preservation mode? cuz im choosing the expert mode

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 2011-10-16 19.09.20.jpg
    2011-10-16 19.09.20.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 167

0nyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
so i took my iphone4G to a kiosk to see if they can jailbreak it and unlock it but they told me they couldnt cuz it had iOS5. Im so confused. now im jus stuck with an iphone that i cnat use. Soooo WACK!!!!!!

0nyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
took my phone to the apple store and they gave me a brand new one that wasnt stuck on that screen.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
so i took my iphone4G to a kiosk to see if they can jailbreak it and unlock it but they told me they couldnt cuz it had iOS5. Im so confused. now im jus stuck with an iphone that i cnat use. Soooo WACK!!!!!!

They told you the truth.
You should have done a little more research before you bought it.
Not every iphone out there can be unlocked.
And an i4 with stock 5.0 cannot be unlocked neither with a JB or a Gevey sim.
You're sol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.