Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:42 AM   #1
cperchard
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Lost all my calendar entries!!!!

Hi, for some reason after i downloaded IOS5 my calendar entries were fine, they were still all there......but i must have changed some setting or something cos as of last night they were all gone!!

I dont really understand this icloud thing and i'm quite a newb when it comes to apple, i just have really important meetings in my calendar and now for some reason they are all gone.

Please help me find them again!
cperchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:59 AM   #2
cperchard
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
any ideas any1? my wife has very important meetings on it
cperchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:50 AM   #3
normwood
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a house...duh!
Go into your calendar app and make sure there are little check marks next to each calendar so they show in the calendar.

Just a suggestion.

I'm still using MobileMe but don't use it for calendars. Use exchange for work and gmail for home calendars.
__________________
21.5" I3 iMac+Magic Trackpad. 11" MacBook Air; 13" Macbook; 32 Gig Wifi iPad Mini; 64 Gig iPhone 5; 2nd Gen Nano; 3rd Generation Nano in the car, Airport Extreme and Airport Express.
normwood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:05 AM   #4
Stealthipad
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
You should also be able to restore from your backup.
Stealthipad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:24 AM   #5
codelode84
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
same thing happened to me this morning. hit calendars and make sure the appropriate calendars are checked. good luck.
codelode84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:06 AM   #6
testcard
macrumors 65816
 
testcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Middle England
Noticed this on my iPad 1. If I open Calendar, the current month view is empty apart from Today. If I swipe to another month, all events are there. If I swipe back to the current month, the entries have magically reappeared. I'm guessing there's a bug somewhere. I've also noticed Contacts seems to take a couple of seconds before entries appear from a blank page
testcard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:14 AM   #7
cperchard
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by codelode84 View Post
same thing happened to me this morning. hit calendars and make sure the appropriate calendars are checked. good luck.
All calendars are checked......always have been too.....what i dont understand is that as soon as i updated to ios5 all the entries were still there.......but now they vanished a day later.....i would have understood if updating it wiped it straight away. At least then i could have pinpointed it to updating it.

But i cant seem to restore to a time b4 saturday so there would be no point doing that.

I just have no clue whatsoever

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcard View Post
Noticed this on my iPad 1. If I open Calendar, the current month view is empty apart from Today. If I swipe to another month, all events are there. If I swipe back to the current month, the entries have magically reappeared. I'm guessing there's a bug somewhere. I've also noticed Contacts seems to take a couple of seconds before entries appear from a blank page
Unfortunately this didnt work either

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthipad View Post
You should also be able to restore from your backup.
Last backup says saturday....need one for friday really.....any way to do that?
cperchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:44 AM   #8
cperchard
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
any1 got any other ideas?
cperchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:36 AM   #9
cperchard
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
last try b4 i give up?
cperchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:12 AM   #10
BmoreDrumGuy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cperchard View Post
last try b4 i give up?
Are you using a service like gmail for calendars, or apples iCloud?
BmoreDrumGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:26 AM   #11
cperchard
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreDrumGuy View Post
Are you using a service like gmail for calendars, or apples iCloud?
before icloud came about i have no idea what options i had, i never bothered syncing my phone much either......i just put entries in on the phone and then they were stored.....when i updated as i said, they were still there, which i was surprised about, i thought they were gonna get wiped.....but they didnt.....it was only the day after that they for some reason disappeared, and i have no idea why cos dont think i've changed any options, and they are all checked.

(sorry i'm not much of a techy when it comes to apple....i find it all very confusing....still finding it hard to understand about what exactly icloud is!)
cperchard is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:34 AM   #12
Sean126
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WNY
When syncing with iTunes you have to recheck sync calanders. For some reason they reverted to unchecked when switching to IOS 5.
Sean126 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:01 AM   #13
DocMartin
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cperchard View Post
Hi, for some reason after i downloaded IOS5 my calendar entries were fine, they were still all there......but i must have changed some setting or something cos as of last night they were all gone!!

I dont really understand this icloud thing and i'm quite a newb when it comes to apple, i just have really important meetings in my calendar and now for some reason they are all gone.

Please help me find them again!
I had the same problem. Apple support solved the issue.
When I turned off wifi access at home, the entries came back via 3G.
Solution was to restart the router. That fixed it for wifi.

It has happened again and responded to the reboot of the wireless router.
I am trying to resolve the router issue to prevent this, but no luck so far.
DocMartin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:08 AM   #14
Arelunde
macrumors Demi-God
 
Arelunde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA Central Coast
I had the same problem this week, and I'm not sure exactly what happened. However, I was using the Gmail calendar and, after some web research, found out that it is NOT backed up by Google, as I thought it was supposed to be.

SO, I started over. I deleted the Google calendar in Gmail completely so there wouldn't be some sort of conflict later, and rebuilt the calendar (took a day or so) directly in the iPad2's calendar.

Then I enabled iCloud syncing/backup. This calendar is much better than Google's, I have to say. And it's comforting to know I can get it back if it disappears.

Later, I switched my contact list from Gmail to the iPad/Apple contacts, again with iCloud backup. It's a bit tricky to do this so I didn't loose my contacts in the process.

Here's what worked for me: KEEPING MY CONTACTS LIST ON MY iPad/iPhone, first I disabled contact syncing in iTunes for both devices and did a sync so I had a backup handy. Then I went onto iCloud.com and deleted ALL contact entries there so I wouldn't end up with duplicates after the iCloud "merge" was checked. Then, I enabled the contact sync for iCloud.

Scared me at first because all my contacts suddenly disappeared from my iPad/iPhone - but a secnd or two later, they reappeared - just perfect.

I still have a Gmail contacts list in Gmail, but will have to enter any changes/additions I make by hand since I don't want it syncing with my iDevices.

Last edited by Arelunde; Dec 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: type
Arelunde is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:32 AM   #15
TLewis
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: left coast, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
I had the same problem this week, and I'm not sure exactly what happened. However, I was using the Gmail calendar and, after some web research, found out that it is NOT backed up by Google, as I thought it was supposed to be.

SO, I started over. I deleted the Google calendar in Gmail completely so there wouldn't be some sort of conflict later, and rebuilt the calendar (took a day or so) directly in the iPad2's calendar.

Then I enabled iCloud syncing/backup. This calendar is much better than Google's, I have to say. And it's comforting to know I can get it back if it disappears.
In terms of backups, there isn't much difference between google calendar and icloud calendar. If anything, you can actually do your own automatic google calendar backups -- I don't know of any way to do your own automatic backups with icloud.
TLewis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:12 PM   #16
DocMartin
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLewis View Post
In terms of backups, there isn't much difference between google calendar and icloud calendar. If anything, you can actually do your own automatic google calendar backups -- I don't know of any way to do your own automatic backups with icloud.
Looks like iCloud gets the calendar entries when they are added.
Try adding something to the iPhone, then on your pc log into your iCloud account and browse the calendar app on the pc to verify.
DocMartin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:59 AM   #17
TLewis
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: left coast, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartin View Post
Looks like iCloud gets the calendar entries when they are added.
Try adding something to the iPhone, then on your pc log into your iCloud account and browse the calendar app on the pc to verify.
Both icloud and google calendar (if properly configured) will automatically update the cloud (web) when you add or edit an entry on the iPhone. While the cloud data is quickly updated for both, their respective web pages, if displaying a calendar, may not immediately update. I just did a quick test, and icloud took 1-2 minutes to update, whereas google calendar took 2-3 minutes. Of course, I could have quickly updated either by hitting the refresh button.
TLewis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calendar deletes entries aicul OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Feb 5, 2014 01:23 AM
Have lost calendar entries? lizinoz iOS 7 2 Sep 22, 2013 08:32 PM
How to move (copy) calendar entries on iPad to MS Exchange calendar Caharo iOS 6 0 Sep 14, 2013 01:51 AM
General: Finally - more calendar entries in NC! gothamguy Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Jul 22, 2013 03:30 PM
General: Still looking - more calendar entries in NC? gothamguy Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Apr 30, 2013 03:50 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC