Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bs2511feist

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
USA
I recently bought an iphone 4 32Gb Black to re-sell and make a lot of money. Now that the iphone 4S came out, should i expect to have less buyer interest? Also Should I expect it to be worth less money?

Last edited:

xwinger

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Calgary, AB
How could you expect to make money if a newer phone just came out?

Check eBay prices instead of asking people that dont know

tariqi

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
You can still sell the 4 for a large amount. Especially if you can jailbreak/unlock it. I sold my 4 last week for $450 with a gevey sim.

bassett700

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Dingus, VA
Yes to question #1. But that does not mean the interest will disappear or be inadequate. One Verizon Iphone 4 I was tracking on Ebay yesterday had 50 or so people view the auction (based on the counter at the bottom) within the first 3 hours. Maybe 2 months ago it would have gotten 100 views in that time. What did it matter? Still sold through Buy It Now the same day. In terms of price, last month you could nab a 32GB Verizon easily for $340 to $360 (clean ESN, not damaged, etc.). I've seen a drop this week of about $30 or so. Not a scientific analysis but a general sense from my visits to Ebay.

P.S. Substitute "Iphone" for "car" in the questions you asked. "I recently bought a 2011 Lexus to re-sell and make a lot of money. Now that the 2012 model came out, should i expect to have less buyer interest? Also Should I expect it to be worth less money?"

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
"I recently bought a 2011 Lexus to re-sell and make a lot of money. Now that the 2012 model came out, should i expect to have less buyer interest? Also Should I expect it to be worth less money?"

Your 2011 Lexus is now worthless. I'll offer you a $20 iTunes card for it. :)

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I love the OPs use of random bold words. It really adds value to this post and makes me envious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.