Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Hi I have a Cannon Powershot 3.2 Megapixel camera this camera is very good, however it also takes sound movies but when i connect the camera i can only upload pictures not video does this just not happen or am i doing somthing wrong? :rolleyes:

RoadKill

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2003
LONDON UK
You will need to use "Image Capture" which should be found in your Applications folder.

Thats what I used to use with my Canon IXUS and my iBook before I upgraded to iLife05

razorme

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Calgary, AB
macdad2 said:
iPhoto 5 can do this now. My little Canon movies import right along with the stills. iPhoto manages them just like any other image in the library.

Strangely enough, movies are not always successfully taken from my Canon SD300 with iPhoto 5. It will appear to be downloading, but the odd movie will not show up in iPhoto 5, nor will it be deleted from the camera (thank goodness). So I end up having to still load Image Capture to remove it. I am not sure what causes some of them to fail d/l in iPhoto 5.

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Thank-You

Thank-You all for the response but are you sure imagecapture will work with videos? thanks

_james

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.