Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joell

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
have been sitting with this annoying problem
imessage waiting for activation in settings
im hacktivated via ultrasn0w
resgistering a new email address does not work
rebooting doesn't either

anyone else with this problem

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
have been sitting with this annoying problem
imessage waiting for activation in settings
im hacktivated via ultrasn0w
resgistering a new email address does not work
rebooting doesn't either

anyone else with this problem

I have the same problem with iMessage and FaceTime.
Jailbroken on iOS 5 with Gevey Sim

CKaleb

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I figured how to activate it.

Follow the tut in this link.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13089

Then follow this
http://mitime.info/instructions

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 (non "supported" South American Carrier), yet FaceTime and iMessage won't activate at all, however I can receive imessages and facetime requests (as of iOS 5 I can do facetime calls even though it says activation unsuccessful)

I am able to send iMessages as long as someone else initiates the conversation or I start the conversation from my iPad, otherwise I am not able to initiate an iMessage convo on my phone (it won't activate at all)

Should I use the SAM your first link mentions if my iPhone is factory unlocked? will it somehow disable the factory unlock?

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 (non "supported" South American Carrier), yet FaceTime and iMessage won't activate at all, however I can receive imessages and facetime requests (as of iOS 5 I can do facetime calls even though it says activation unsuccessful)

I am able to send iMessages as long as someone else initiates the conversation or I start the conversation from my iPad, otherwise I am not able to initiate an iMessage convo on my phone (it won't activate at all)

Should I use the SAM your first link mentions if my iPhone is factory unlocked? will it somehow disable the factory unlock?

It only worked for a little bit. After rebooting it went back to "waiting for activation"

Joell

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010

i have also tried the SAM method
no luck activating at all
but heard of others where it has

javivela

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
Try this

I have an AT&T factory locked 3GS iPhone. I updated to iOS5 using redsn0w, and unlocked my iPhone with the new Ultrasn0w. I was really frustrated because whenever I tried to activate my iMessage, it would not get past the message of "waiting for activation...". In addition, I realized that my push notifications were not working. I discovered this by downloading iPusher app from the AppStore.

I gave up on trying to solve the iMessage issue, and I focused on fixing the push notifications. Push Doctor (from Cydia) did not work. Then I tried using SAM (from Cidya) and at first it did not work, but then I followed the trick outlined in the following link: (http://jaxov.com/2011/05/push-notifications-not-working-on-ios-4-3-3-after-using-sam-how-to-fix/) and voila! Not only the push notifications were fixed, but also my iMessage started working! For instructions on how to install SAM see (http://jaxov.com/2011/05/download-sam-to-activate-iphone-4-3gs-officially-on-ios-4-3-3/). I don't know if this is true, but I think iMessage and Find my iPhone won't work unless your iPhone can display push notifications.

Hope this helps!

i have also tried the SAM method
no luck activating at all
but heard of others where it has

CKaleb

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Its probably worth mentioning that it seems both FaceTime and iMessage are somewhat "activated" for me, it still says activation failed for both, but I am able to do facetime calls if I choose a contact from my contact list and then select the facetime option.

The same is happening with iMessage, activation failed, if I press new message on message app, it will only allow me to type a number for an SMS, but if I go to contacts and choose let's say "John Doe", then press "Send Message" I am able to send iMessages to him.

so at least in my case activation fails but it somewhat activates in terms of functionality and not a full UI activation it seems.

(Factory Unlocked iPhone4, non supported South American Carrier)

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

Since you're factory unlocked, check out the link in my sig, it may help you. But make sure you restore your phone prior to performing these steps, because the key thing is establishing a token or ticket from Apple. Once you establish this, you're activated and it won't fall out of activation every time you reboot.

As for ultrasn0w users, try SAM, I have seen people have good luck with it.

jimmy44

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
iMessage Fix , n also fixes facetime, find my iphone, notification centre, activation

This is the guaranteed one solution for all these problems such as iMessage Fix, find my iphone app, facetime, notification centre and iphone activation.

here is the link for the video..and i guarantee you it will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNEMIBmmOM4

and also if you have any questions about upgrading + jailbreaking + unlocking you can ask me at

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iphone-Guru-Unlock-Jailbreak-and-Bug-Fix/176796672407104

Garebear0912

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
I have the same problem. In the message thread the names Of iMessage users won't save either even though they are in my contacts. So frustrating

----------

It happened after I downloaded face detect. Don't know it that has anything to do with it

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
guys,

i just fixed mines last night after WEEKS of going nuts...
My activation was stuck for 3 weeks...
This is what i did :

1. Remove any instance of iPusher from the phone.
2. Turn off iMessage.
3. In SAM, Back up Activation. Restore Activation. Turn phone off.
4. Plug phone into iTunes and let it sync.
5. Once finished, Install iPusher. Turn phone off.
6. Turn back on and launch iPusher.
7. Voila...it says 'Yay, Notifications are working correctly'
8. Turn on iMessage...enter password.
9. Wait 20 seconds....

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.