Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:50 AM   #1
brolfsen
macrumors newbie

Find My iPhone 4S not working right

I have it enabled on my iPhone 4S and on iCloud.com it shows my iPhone under "My Devices" but it says I have the location services turned off so it doesn't see it but I can still send messages/sounds and remote lock it. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I locate it?
brolfsen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:05 AM   #2
Ewan Hoozarmy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolfsen View Post
I have it enabled on my iPhone 4S and on iCloud.com it shows my iPhone under "My Devices" but it says I have the location services turned off so it doesn't see it but I can still send messages/sounds and remote lock it. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I locate it?
Mine is doing exactly the same for my iPhone 4S and iPad 2. They both worked fine on iOS 4 and location services are definitely on.

Anyone else seeing this?
Ewan Hoozarmy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:54 PM   #3
brolfsen
macrumors newbie

Strangely I just turned location services off then back on and it popped up asking if I wanted to allow and I said yes, then turned off Find My iPhone off then back and on it started working. Weird glitch, did the same for all my devices, my iPad 2, Macbook Air, and iPod Touch. Worked everytime and now I can locate them with no problem.
brolfsen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier