Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Phatzer
macrumors regular

Personal hotspot and Enable 3G option missing on 4S

Hello,

I'm on T-Mobile UK using an iPhone 4S and I've noticed I have no option to enable personal hotspots or enable/disable 3G in the network option (they were there on my iPhone 4).

I've rebooted the phone a couple of times and synced the phone with iTunes in an attempt to grab the carrier settings with no luck, does anybody else have any suggestions I can try?

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:34 AM   #2
anjinha
macrumors 604

Have you tried a reset to the network settings?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:35 AM   #3
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You won't find 3G as the new antenna switches nice and quick. As for personal hotspot I have it and I know it's limited by carrier!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:45 AM   #4
Phatzer
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjinha View Post
Have you tried a reset to the network settings?
I hadn't and that fixed it, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
You won't find 3G as the new antenna switches nice and quick. As for personal hotspot I have it and I know it's limited by carrier!
Interesting, sometimes I find 3G to be less useful than EDGE or GPRS, but I'll see how it goes now.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:44 AM   #5
maka344
macrumors member

Apple have removed this function as it's a world phone as edge 2g is not supported by some world networks they have removed it which is bad news for millions

In central London during the week you have 8.5 million people using 3G, the service is terrible and slow.

In my apartment near tower bridge i get 1-2 3G bars which just drains the battery as it's constantly trying to compensate.

I used the 3G/2G switch daily and saved my battery too.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:44 AM   #6
randfee2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
[SIZE=1]You won't find 3G as the new antenna switches nice and quick. As for personal hotspot I have it and I know it's limited by carrier!
what a nonsense argument. Switching and compensating/looking for weak 3G network EATS MY BATTERY!

This sucks. The 4S drains battery way faster than the iPhone 4 did where I live because 3G network is just barely available. I want that switch back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maka344 View Post
Apple have removed this function as it's a world phone as edge 2g is not supported by some world networks they have removed it which is bad news for millions
******** argument (if it is the case). Who cares? If people go to a country with no 2G but 3G only available (highly doubt that such a place exists) and they're too dumb to figure out to switch it back on.
As for the 99% of the users that don't want their phones to waste energy trying to look and logon to ultra-weak 3G networks (or ones that don't even need the speed)... why do they have to accept this?

makes no sense!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone