Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:23 AM   #1
sgear
macrumors newbie

Lost Siri

I got my new iPhone 4S activated it as a new phone. All of my apps came over (as expected, but without any previous data) I did a restore of my 4S and this time did a back up pointing it to the previous backup of my 3GS. All of the data from my apps are now there, but I don't have Siri !!!

How can I keep all of the data associated with my 3GS such as Msecure password data or Awesome note notes without losing Siri?
sgear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:25 AM   #2
brazil5376
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgear View Post
I got my new iPhone 4S activated it as a new phone. All of my apps came over (as expected, but without any previous data) I did a restore of my 4S and this time did a back up pointing it to the previous backup of my 3GS. All of the data from my apps are now there, but I don't have Siri !!!

How can I keep all of the data associated with my 3GS such as Msecure password data or Awesome note notes without losing Siri?

you probably haver it disabled....go to settings>general>siri.....and turn it on
brazil5376 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:39 AM   #3
ready2switch
macrumors 6502

I was confused by Siri myself. My app came over but when I'd open it, I'd get some error message about not being able to retrieve data.

After some searching I discovered that the Siri app no longer works. You can just delete it. Siri is now where voice command used to be (hold down home button). You don't need the app/icon to have Siri on the i4S.

If holding the home button doesn't work, then check settings like the post above suggests, to make sure it's enabled.
ready2switch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:54 AM   #4
sgear
macrumors newbie

Thanks Brazil... I hadn't even thought to look there. That was the issue... Didn't think that they'd allow you to turn off such a magnificent feature...

Peace !!!
sgear is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone