Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bibi2205

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
On the 4S you can teach Siri where you live/work so you can use it in the Reminder app. I'm wondering if it's possible to teach a 4 these things. The Reminder app does give me the 'remind on location' option and I can set it to 'current location', but I can't specify 'Work' or 'Home'.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? :)

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

When turning on remind me at a location, tap 'Choose a location.'

Make sure 'Home' and 'Work' are in your contacts list and that you have addresses for them in there as well.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I don't really want my phone having a Home address in it in case in lose it... Just like I don't label my address as home in my GPS.

richard.torble

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
I don't really want my phone having a Home address in it in case in lose it... Just like I don't label my address as home in my GPS.

I agree with you but don't you have a passcode lock? You can also use Find My iPhone to remotely wipe your phone if it's stolen and then just restore using iCloud if you find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.