Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:56 AM   #1
bmayes04
macrumors member

Photos in "upload" folder not uploading to iCloud (PC)

I am using a Windows 7 pc with icloud installed, new 4s (sprint). I have put several pictures in the "upload" folder designated by icloud, but they are not uploading to the cloud, or to my phone. I have tried switching photo stream off and on, doesn't help. When I originally set everything up it worked, but at some point, they have disappeared from the "cloud" and even though they are still in the appropiate folder, they are not showing up on my phone. Anyone else run into a similar problem or have suggestions?
bmayes04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2
jimi04
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmayes04 View Post
I am using a Windows 7 pc with icloud installed, new 4s (sprint). I have put several pictures in the "upload" folder designated by icloud, but they are not uploading to the cloud, or to my phone. I have tried switching photo stream off and on, doesn't help. When I originally set everything up it worked, but at some point, they have disappeared from the "cloud" and even though they are still in the appropiate folder, they are not showing up on my phone. Anyone else run into a similar problem or have suggestions?
I was having the same problem. It appears to be working now after I moved the files out of the Uploads folder, then back into it. I'm seeing them starting to show up on my iPhone. Hopefully they'll all end up appearing.
jimi04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:37 PM   #3
bmayes04
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi04 View Post
I was having the same problem. It appears to be working now after I moved the files out of the Uploads folder, then back into it. I'm seeing them starting to show up on my iPhone. Hopefully they'll all end up appearing.
Just tried that, still not working. I uninstalled iCloud and started over, without changing the upload folder, and it worked for a little bit, uploading some pictures, but has quit altogether again.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:31 AM   #4
globalist
macrumors 6502a

Are they pictures shot with your iPhone or some other pictures? I'm suspecting it's the latter as I have the same issue trying to put large (>4MB) photos into the Upload folder and Photostream will just not upload these. It however uploads my iPhone-shot photos (~1MB).

I suspect there's a file size limit at work here. Can anyone confirm?
globalist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:44 AM   #5
bmayes04
macrumors member

We are talking about other photos, not one's taken on the phone itself (they are going into the cloud just fine). I haven't paid close attention to file size, but given the nature of pictures that have uploaded, vs those that haven't, I dont think that would be the case. For example, one batch of photos were ones taken on my old blackberry, some uploaded, some did not. Same thing for pics from my digital camera and my wife's. Some will go, and at some point it just stops.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:20 PM   #6
benlsmith
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Are they pictures shot with your iPhone or some other pictures? I'm suspecting it's the latter as I have the same issue trying to put large (>4MB) photos into the Upload folder and Photostream will just not upload these. It however uploads my iPhone-shot photos (~1MB).

I suspect there's a file size limit at work here. Can anyone confirm?
There seems to be some truth to the size limit idea. The pictures on my PC that would not up load were all about 3MB each. When I scaled them down to 1600x900 they were only about 500K each. The began to upload almost immediately.
benlsmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services