Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2004
Denmark
Everytime my iPod mini has'nt been used long enough that it needs to reboot (or whatever it does) the clicking of the wheel is turned back on. I've updated with the latest update. Any suggestions?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
hansen said:
Everytime my iPod mini has'nt been used long enough that it needs to reboot (or whatever it does) the clicking of the wheel is turned back on. I've updated with the latest update. Any suggestions?

Did you happen to notice if it forgets what time it is, too? Mine 3G/15GB has been flaky like that recently (but not what you describe, oddly). Have you tried a hard reset? (Charge it, and with it plugged in to the power brick, toggle hold on then off, and then hold down menu and the select/wheel-center until it reboots). This sometimes resolves such issues.

hansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2004
Denmark
mkrishnan said:
Did you happen to notice if it forgets what time it is, too? Mine 3G/15GB has been flaky like that recently (but not what you describe, oddly). Have you tried a hard reset? (Charge it, and with it plugged in to the power brick, toggle hold on then off, and then hold down menu and the select/wheel-center until it reboots). This sometimes resolves such issues.

no salt over the shoulder? :p

Thanks for the help, I will try that and see if it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.