Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadedred

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Hey All,

I'm having an issue with video from my iPhone 4S, and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. The issue is a green bar along the left edge of videos taken in a vertical position. I know, sounds strange. The green bar is only visible in the videos after exporting to a computer. While I absolutely don't think this is a computer related issue (green bar appears embedded in videos), I wanted to rule that out by trying to view them on different computers and sure enough the green bar appears in all videos and computers. Now, just to clarify, all the computers tested on we're either Windows XP or 7, and All viewed with the latest version of QuickTime. Thanks all Inadvance for any help!

shadedred

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Just an update for those of you who experience this issue. It appears that this is occurring on all phones. I swapped my original iPhone 4S out with a new one, and tested it with my wife's 4S as well. All with the same issue, I did find out that the green bar is only visible in Quicktime (latest version) and when playing back the video in WMP, the video is in the wrong orientation...

sheaster2000

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
I'm having the same issue with mine iPhone 4S, was wondering if you have found a fix or what may be causing the green bar?

AlexApp

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
If using QuickTime player for Windows at least video orientation should be correct. Probably other glitches can be fixed as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.