Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:16 PM   #1
ViPa
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
iPhone 4 stuck at loading circle after trying to jailbreak with redsn0w..please help!

im not sure what to do..ive loaded the custom firmware a few times and after i attempt to jailbreak it gives me the loading circle

please help!!!
__________________
13.3" MacBook
16GB iPhone 4
ViPa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000
 
ritmomundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bel Air, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPa View Post
im not sure what to do..ive loaded the custom firmware a few times and after i attempt to jailbreak it gives me the loading circle

please help!!!
You have to restart with your phone connected to redsn0w. Make sure your phone is still on, connect to your comp, THEN turn the phone off. Open redsn0w and click "extras" and click "just boot" and follow the instructions on the screen. You will have to do this every time you reboot your phone (until an untethered jailbreak is available)
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:49 PM   #3
ViPa
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
thing is that after it jailbreaks..it attempts to boot the phone..the apple symbol comes up..then the loading circle..and it stays on the loading circle..so even right after i jailbreak the home screen never loads..it just gets stuck on the circle
__________________
13.3" MacBook
16GB iPhone 4
ViPa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:52 PM   #4
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000
 
ritmomundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bel Air, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPa View Post
thing is that after it jailbreaks..it attempts to boot the phone..the apple symbol comes up..then the loading circle..and it stays on the loading circle..so even right after i jailbreak the home screen never loads..it just gets stuck on the circle
Its okay, just follow the instructions on the redsn0w screen under the "just boot" option (like hold the power button for 3 seconds, then the home button and power for 10 seconds, etc etc). It'll still go into DFU mode and boot up your phone.

Edit: your phone doesn't HAVE to be off. The steps above will force it to restart.
ritmomundo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:17 PM   #5
ViPa
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
ahhh thank you so much!!! it worked!
__________________
13.3" MacBook
16GB iPhone 4
ViPa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:55 PM   #6
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000
 
ritmomundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bel Air, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPa View Post
ahhh thank you so much!!! it worked!
Glad to hear it
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:09 AM   #7
np34
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I'm having the same problem, except I DO put it in DFU mode. redsn0w recognizes it and does it's thing when I click 'just boot', and I see the pineapple and all that on the screen, but then it just freezes on the loading circle...

The weird thing is that my computer still sees it as an iPhone and I can access the photos and stuff... Just no homescreen. I should add that this happened after I upgraded AppSync, BiteSMS, and a theme from Cydia and it froze on the 'reboot springboard' portion...
np34 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:42 AM   #8
Mess
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
try turning it off again and going through the boot cycle again?
Mess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:27 AM   #9
np34
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
try turning it off again and going through the boot cycle again?
I power-off my phone completely by holding the home+power buttons, that's what you mean right? Then it turns on automatically when I plug it in and I enter DFU mode from there... Still a no go.
np34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:35 AM   #10
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000
 
ritmomundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bel Air, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by np34 View Post
Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I'm having the same problem, except I DO put it in DFU mode. redsn0w recognizes it and does it's thing when I click 'just boot', and I see the pineapple and all that on the screen, but then it just freezes on the loading circle...

The weird thing is that my computer still sees it as an iPhone and I can access the photos and stuff... Just no homescreen. I should add that this happened after I upgraded AppSync, BiteSMS, and a theme from Cydia and it froze on the 'reboot springboard' portion...
The exact same thing happened to me. Sorry bro, you'll have to restore.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:45 AM   #11
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000
 
ritmomundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bel Air, CA
@np34 Just found this. Check this forum (link), others are having the same issue. It seems that upgrading appsync deletes a file that the phone needs to start properly. There may be a way to install that file using iFunBox, but I don't know the exact steps. It seems it works for some, and not for others.

Last edited by ritmomundo; Nov 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:13 PM   #12
np34
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
@np34 Just found this. Check this forum (link), others are having the same issue. It seems that upgrading appsync deletes a file that the phone needs to start properly. There may be a way to install that file using iFunBox, but I don't know the exact steps. It seems it works for some, and not for others.
That's incredible, thanks so much! I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try it and post results.
np34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:39 PM   #13
mahesh4914
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
Its okay, just follow the instructions on the redsn0w screen under the "just boot" option (like hold the power button for 3 seconds, then the home button and power for 10 seconds, etc etc). It'll still go into DFU mode and boot up your phone.

Edit: your phone doesn't HAVE to be off. The steps above will force it to restart.
man thanq for ur response....after stuck with loading circle,i have done just boot process.....it gets to the home screen well n gud...but believe me there no icons.....only youtube n newsstand show up.........please help me on this...everythings fine except i dont get icons.....it sounds weird...but its true......
mahesh4914 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:48 PM   #14
shadowtm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
same problem.

Hi guys, I'm also sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I'm having a similar problem.

I have an iPhone 4, that was on iOS 5.0.1, I tried to jailbreak it using the latest redsn0w 0.9.9b8 on mac. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working again but it is stuck on that loading circle, but the circle itself doesn't do anything, it just hangs as if it stalled. I can do the hold power/home button and reset it, turn it off, i've tried restoring through iTunes and booting through redsn0w, but redsn0w kept giving me an error saying it didn't recognize the firmware or something, probably because it wasn't successful and is still at 5.0.1, but now I can't even put it into DFU mode, it keeps going to the iTunes USB cord restore screen, but still won't restore...

Can anybody help me with this? A little frustrating..
shadowtm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:16 AM   #15
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtm View Post
Hi guys, I'm also sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I'm having a similar problem.

I have an iPhone 4, that was on iOS 5.0.1, I tried to jailbreak it using the latest redsn0w 0.9.9b8 on mac. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working again but it is stuck on that loading circle, but the circle itself doesn't do anything, it just hangs as if it stalled. I can do the hold power/home button and reset it, turn it off, i've tried restoring through iTunes and booting through redsn0w, but redsn0w kept giving me an error saying it didn't recognize the firmware or something, probably because it wasn't successful and is still at 5.0.1, but now I can't even put it into DFU mode, it keeps going to the iTunes USB cord restore screen, but still won't restore...

Can anybody help me with this? A little frustrating..
connect usb cable en follow instruction on redsnow.

you need to point to the 5.0 firmware (not 5.01) you can do this in extra's, select ipsw and point it to the 5.0 ipsw.

you can also download the newest redsn0w 9.9b9 which doesn't need the above procedure
__________________
iPhone 6 iOS 8.1 Pangu
iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.2 Stock
iPad 4 3G iOS 7.1.2 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:36 AM   #16
shadowtm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post
connect usb cable en follow instruction on redsnow.

you need to point to the 5.0 firmware (not 5.01) you can do this in extra's, select ipsw and point it to the 5.0 ipsw.

you can also download the newest redsn0w 9.9b9 which doesn't need the above procedure
I tried redsn0w again, but it still seems to give me the same issue, I've gotten it to restore in iTunes after turning off settings in tiny umbrella, but I'm unable to jailbreak at this point. I'm trying to perform a jailbreak on the device, and I just tried with what you mentioned above, and it resulted in the same thing. Apple logo and then hangs at the circle. I'm able to restore out of it every time now though so I can keep trying at least.

I'm trying to perform a jailbreak on the device, and then use this guide to unlock

http://techbend.com/2011/12/02/ios-5...-08-ultrasn0w/

I can't try the unlock though until i'm jailbroken. There still must be something i'm missing or doing wrong.

UPDATE: I fixed the issue using the just boot option in redsn0w after it started hanging, I put my iPhone into DFU mode which wouldn't work previously as it kept going to iTunes restore. However, once I got it I used the latest version of redsn0w 9.9b9 and it worked, i was using the b8 before. I also got this to work on my current 5.0.1 IPSW.

Thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated and solved my issue!

Last edited by shadowtm; Dec 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
shadowtm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 01:55 AM   #17
lippertconner
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I know this is old but I'm having the same problem and I can't restore it I've done everything and it just keeps going back to the loading circle screen. Please help!
lippertconner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:41 AM   #18
anneazrn
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't know what to do. I want to cry

So i'm on IOS 5.1 and i installed in the thethered jail break. I downloaded this hidden sms thingy and my phone turned off. so i learnt that i had to 'just boot' it. so i've been doing that a couple of times now but then after 'just boot'-ing it, i got stuck on the loading circle for quite a period of time and then the whole phone just restarts again. Which obviously means i have to just boot it again. It seems to have not been working and my apps are crashing. WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOO?! I've followed those dfu steps and so on.
anneazrn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:08 PM   #19
katetoms
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
same thing with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
Glad to hear it
hi,
The same thing happened with my and i have rebooted it a few times and followed your instructions. i just did the teethered reboot and this time the pineapple icon came on instead of the loading circle, but after it went back to the loading circle and stays there and keeps vibrating. now what do i do im really worried! please help!
katetoms is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IPhone 3gs 6.1.3 Redsn0w stuck help, great detail inside buzzar Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 10 Mar 5, 2014 04:15 PM
iPhone: Redsn0w just boot doesn't work. I have an iPhone 3GS tethered jailbreak on 6.0.1.? Datguyyoudontwa Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 9 Sep 3, 2013 12:36 PM
iPhone: HELP! iPhone 3GS No Service after Redsn0w jailbreak with ultrasn0w unlock CanucksFan15 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Jul 13, 2013 03:30 PM
MBP unibody stuck at apple logo with loading circle drummerdimitri Mac OS X 10.7 Lion 1 Jun 1, 2013 01:46 PM
Iphone stuck on Apple logo and loading circle. 06awjudd iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 5 Oct 19, 2012 10:11 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC