Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
I don't even use IE but since the Firefox app won't open the bookmarks in Safari, I thought I'd just copy my Firefox bookmarks to IE, then use the cloud sync. (I am syncing and backing up to iCloud, and not my PC)

I did this all last night: backed up and then synced to iCloud Another thread suggested that you shut down IE so I did that. Someone else had suggested on a different thread that un-checking and re-checking the Bookmark check box in the iCloud Control panel would trigger a re-sync...did that all last night in hopes it would sync and it didn't.

I manually deleted everything in the Safari bookmarks in the Phone that it would allow, but now strangely enough in addition to the "Reading List" and "history" folders, I have TWO "Bookmarks Bar" folders with identical contents.

So I'm trying to be patient and thought maybe it takes some time for it to re-sync so I left iTunes up and running on the PC overnight...as usual....so I tried again this evening. I still have my old bookmarks on the iPhone (4S), and they've never pulled in.

Thoughts?:confused:

LastOneToKnow

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
East Coast, USA
I'm having this same issue. As a workaround I've been forcing my IE bookmarks to sync to the cloud by turning the "Bookmarks with Internet Explorer" option off, then back on again via the iCloud control panel item in Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.