Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhepayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
hi guys..i saw in one youtube video one guy had his battery percentage on. in his ipod touch..it wasnt a jailbreak..Is it now possible in the iOS5? i searched the entire phone..couldnt able to find out..anyone tried?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Its possible without a jailbreak. If the user restored the device from an iPhone that had the setting enabled or a jailbroken device that had it enabled, the setting would carry over.

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I really should tell you that iPod Touch had jailbroken before because battery percentage can only show after jailbreak. But once you had jailbreak your iPod, and start battery percentage. It will shows also if you just update your device. This is my personal experience. But sometime it will disappear because of the different ways you get it. And restore will get rid of the battery percentage.

Mistyred

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
There an app for that

Hey, just wanted to say that if you want to k ow the battery percentage of your iPod touch without jailbreaking it, just buy the 1.99 app called applets. It's got a bunch of little apps in it, and one is battery life percentage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.