Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:28 AM   #1
JonathanTT
macrumors newbie

How can I add subscribed calendars to icloud?

Hi,

in iCal I have five calendars from sites like icalshare or my facebook events which get updated automatically.
Problem is, these don't appear in iCloud. Is it possible to subscribe directly on icloud.com? Or do I have to go another way?

Thanks in advance...
JonathanTT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:06 AM   #2
2ndchancephones
macrumors regular

to my knowledge you can't...real bummer because I want to do that as well...
2ndchancephones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:19 AM   #3
JonathanTT
macrumors newbie

That's stupid because then I'll still have to sync my IPad with my Mac in order to get those calendars...
JonathanTT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:17 AM   #4
d21mike
macrumors 68020

I agree we need to be able to subscribe in iCloud.com because not everyone on iCloud is using iCal on a Mac. But, if you have a Mac then when you subscribe just say to store in iCloud and your iOS see them automatically. Of course you never see them in iCloud.com but I very seldom ever login into iCloud.com so not a big problem for me.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:37 AM   #5
bier-meister
macrumors regular

Yip, this sucks. I thought they might have sorted this out with the move from MobileMe. I'll be sticking with google calendar for now. What's the point of a calendar if you can't see what's on it
bier-meister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:20 PM   #6
Chris CA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanTT View Post
That's stupid because then I'll still have to sync my IPad with my Mac in order to get those calendars...
No.
Subscribed calendars on your Mac will get passed through iCloud to your iDevice (and vice-versa) but they will not show up on iCloud.com calendar.
Chris CA is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 01:13 PM   #7
burnercan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris CA View Post
No.
Subscribed calendars on your Mac will get passed through iCloud to your iDevice (and vice-versa) but they will not show up on iCloud.com calendar.
I have a subscription in iCal on my Mac, but it doesn't show up on my iPhone (nor iCloud, which you say is normal). All the options to sync calendars on the iPhone and iCloud are turned on. What am I missing..? Do subscriptions need to be enabled somewhere else?
burnercan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 01:27 PM   #8
JonathanTT
macrumors newbie

In iCal open the subscribed calendar. Under "location" choose "iCloud. That's it.
JonathanTT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 03:16 PM   #9
burnercan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanTT View Post
In iCal open the subscribed calendar. Under "location" choose "iCloud. That's it.
Under location, the only option available is 'On My Mac'. Would this be a limitation of the calendar I'm subscribing to?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:43 PM   #10
d21mike
macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Are you logged in to iCloud on your Mac 10.7? You should see the option if so.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 05:42 AM   #11
burnercan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d21mike View Post
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Are you logged in to iCloud on your Mac 10.7? You should see the option if so.
Yes, and the calendar boxes are checked in both 'iCloud' and 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' settings. The drop down for location only shows the one option 'On My Mac.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 08:55 AM   #12
sandimacd
macrumors regular

iCal Google calendar sync with iCloud

I am also thinking about installing Lion over SL. I currently use my GOOGLE calendar as default for entire family. We have separate APPLE accounts but each of our 3 MACS and 4 Touches display that "family" GOOGLE calendar in addition to other calendars. Will that change with iCloud? Will all 7 devices display the GOOGLE calendar in addition to the other available calendars? Or does iCloud prevent the iTouches and MACS from adding the Google-synced calendar?
sandimacd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:31 PM   #13
faaslave
macrumors newbie

The Fix

If you do a get info on the Calander you subscribe to you will notice that it says "On my Mac". If you switch that to your user name, it will sync via the cloud to all your IOS devices

Dave
faaslave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:24 PM   #14
d21mike
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandimacd View Post
I am also thinking about installing Lion over SL. I currently use my GOOGLE calendar as default for entire family. We have separate APPLE accounts but each of our 3 MACS and 4 Touches display that "family" GOOGLE calendar in addition to other calendars. Will that change with iCloud? Will all 7 devices display the GOOGLE calendar in addition to the other available calendars? Or does iCloud prevent the iTouches and MACS from adding the Google-synced calendar?
On your Mac when you subscribe to a Google Calendar you have the option to set the Location to iCloud. If you do this you will see the calendar when you login to iCloud on your other devices as well. You do not see the subscribed calendars at www.icloud.com. This is the same as the prior www.me.com.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:06 PM   #15
d21mike
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by faaslave View Post
If you do a get info on the Calander you subscribe to you will notice that it says "On my Mac". If you switch that to your user name, it will sync via the cloud to all your IOS devices

Dave
I have about 8 subscribed calendars with 5 from other iCloud Friends and 2 Windows Live Friends and 1 Google Calendar. All show both On my Mac and iCloud in the Location Drop Down when I do the Get Info. However, I did notice that 1 of my fiends on Live had stopped sharing her Calendar. I had her listed twice. One was set to On my Mac and iCloud was greyed out. The other was reversed. I delete both and ask her to start the sharing again (as public) and now they are working properly and I have both options listed. I use the iCloud option so that I see the calendars on all of my devices. I just do not see them on www.icloud.com which I seldom use anyway. This was the same with www.me.com as well when I was on MobileMe. The only thing different with iCloud over MM was that I can not subscribe to iCloud Calendars from Google Calendar but I can with Live Calendar. This is the reverse of what happened with MobileMe Calendars. Google Calendar worked but Live Calendar did not. Crazy....
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:42 AM   #16
bwlucas
macrumors member

On my Mac, I had to log out of iCloud and log back in for the "iCloud" option to appear under location on my subscribed calendars.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Mr Blue
macrumors newbie

Does iCal need to be running for the subscriptions to update or will it still update if iCal is closed?
Mr Blue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:06 PM   #18
faaslave
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d21mike View Post
The only thing different with iCloud over MM was that I can not subscribe to iCloud Calendars from Google Calendar but I can with Live Calendar.
Mike, Have you tried http://www.busymac.com/busycal/userg...av-google.html

I think this may solve your problem

Dave
faaslave is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Tags
ical, icloud