Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCPaulyB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

I recently upgraded my iphone 4 from iOS 4.2 to 5.0, and in the process of restoring my iphone, my photos and some other settings (some email accounts and phone number "favorites") were not restored. I'm very upset about the pictures....I've lost about 7 months worth.

Before I performed the upgrade, I backed up my iphone, however it appears that the backup did not backup my pictures, as I used some third party software to see if there were pics in the back-up which there was not.

I don't sync my pics with iphoto, because I have previously restored my camera roll from a backup several times in the past, with no issues.

What are my options to find all these lost pics? PS - I use a Mac to sync (but I also have a PC).

1) Is there a way to go back to older version of my back-up file? Like from a couple days ago? It looks like itunes only stores a couple backup files. Do you think I could find older/deleted/overwritten versions with file recovery software?

2) Is there any file recovery software that can look on the iphone's hard disk for these "deleted" picture files? In the past, I've used file rescue software on an SD card to retrieve deleted pics, and it works flawlessly.

3) With regards to #3 above are there any jailbroken apps to help make it easier to explore the iphone from a computer?

Any help is appreciated!!

Blue4Ever

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
Same problem, back-up hasn't worked as part of iOS update and lost some important photo's. Any help to get them back is most appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.