Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:47 AM   #1
wwe2008
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
no read receipts on iMessage?!?!

i have an iPhone 4S and have been using iMessage but all my messages say is delivered not read.. anyone know why??\

Thanks
__________________
2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad Core i7//8GB//256GB SSD//GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
iPhone 4S 16GB
wwe2008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Kendo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Did you enable it in settings?
Kendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:48 AM   #3
chrisu91
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe2008 View Post
i have an iPhone 4S and have been using iMessage but all my messages say is delivered not read.. anyone know why??\

Thanks
Because the other person didn't turn their read receipts on.
chrisu91 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:49 AM   #4
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Because the receiver needs to turn on "Send Read Receipts" in their Messages settings.

Edit: Dang it, beaten by chrisu91
__________________
If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:50 AM   #5
wwe2008
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
yeah i know they have as this weekend the person who showed me iOS5 on their iPhone 4 has them
__________________
2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad Core i7//8GB//256GB SSD//GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
iPhone 4S 16GB
wwe2008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:51 AM   #6
CrAkD
macrumors 68030
 
CrAkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Works great with the people I can convince to turn them on lol. Apple should of put them on by default because the common person will never think to turn the, on.
__________________
iPhone 5S 64GB Macbook Air TV iPad Mini Retina 16gb LTE Hackintosh i7 920
CrAkD is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:54 AM   #7
LSUtigers03
macrumors 68000
 
LSUtigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I turned mine on right after I upgraded. I could care less if someone wants to cry to me about reading their message and not responding. Although my little sisters don't want to turn it on because they don't want to listen to my mom and step dad complaining to them about it.
LSUtigers03 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:56 AM   #8
wwe2008
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
mine still isnt working and ive checked that people have also allowed the function!! does it take time to register?
__________________
2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad Core i7//8GB//256GB SSD//GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
iPhone 4S 16GB
wwe2008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:56 PM   #9
whsbuss
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Penna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe2008 View Post
mine still isnt working and ive checked that people have also allowed the function!! does it take time to register?
Doesn't work for me either. I send iMessages to my wife's iPad and all I see is delivered and when she starts typing a reply, but no "read" notification.
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:01 PM   #10
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God
 
xraydoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Top left corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Doesn't work for me either. I send iMessages to my wife's iPad and all I see is delivered and when she starts typing a reply, but no "read" notification.
It has to be turned on at her end, not yours.
__________________
3.5GHz i7 27" iMac Surface Pro 3 i5 2.5GHz i5 Mac mini + 27" Thunderbolt display Nexus 5
xraydoc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:09 PM   #11
iPhone 7
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Look at all the creepers in this thread getting mad because they can't know if they're being ignored or not.
iPhone 7 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:35 PM   #12
gloss
macrumors 601
 
gloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: around/about
Send a message via AIM to gloss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny963 View Post
Message is sent through the network of information, need to use the contact email address or Gamecenter use the Apple account address, these information in the dialog box contact of manual entry, can also direct access to the contact information in mail list.Image
Hello, computer translation.
__________________
when you say it's all over / hell yeah anyway
gloss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:37 PM   #13
CrAkD
macrumors 68030
 
CrAkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone 7 View Post
Look at all the creepers in this thread getting mad because they can't know if they're being ignored or not.
lol mad? no. I just do a lot of business via text message and I would like to know if they atleast read it if they dont reply.
__________________
iPhone 5S 64GB Macbook Air TV iPad Mini Retina 16gb LTE Hackintosh i7 920
CrAkD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:13 AM   #14
wwe2008
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
lol mad? no. I just do a lot of business via text message and I would like to know if they atleast read it if they dont reply.
yeah and whats wrong with me wanting to know if people have read my message if they can see ive read theirs?!?!?
__________________
2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad Core i7//8GB//256GB SSD//GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
iPhone 4S 16GB
wwe2008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:59 AM   #15
iPhone 7
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Read receipts make insecure people even more insecure
iPhone 7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: facebook messenger read receipts dinosaur1 iOS 7 1 Sep 30, 2013 04:54 PM
iPhone: Is there a tweak that allows you to enable/disable read receipts by contact? PrestonWard Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Feb 20, 2013 02:54 PM
does Mail (with Exchange) generate read receipts? Howto disable them? Quotenfrau iPhone 1 Aug 12, 2012 07:24 AM
Do you have your iMesssage read receipts on or off? AceGuy78 iPhone 15 Jul 8, 2012 04:17 PM
Proper Pronunciation of Read Receipts imaketouchtheme Community Discussion 9 Jun 14, 2012 05:54 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC