Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Do you mean automatically going from the lock screen camera button to, say, Camera+ or some other app like that? If so, I don't believe there's a way.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Grrr... I guess I'll have to delete Camera+ from my phone then. Thanks Apple. :mad:

(I meant when I'm at the lock-screen and jump right into he camera app).

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I also noticed I can't use the volume button in Instagram to take a photo. Is this an Apple lockout feature too?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Not a lockout feature, but something that only applies to Apple's camera interfaces.

Are you saying that Instagram and other camera apps can update for this feature if they wanted to?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
No, its a feature that's unique to the Camera app and other Apple picture taking interfaces (like taking a picture for MMS for example).

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Are you saying that Instagram and other camera apps can update for this feature if they wanted to?

Ask Camera+ -- they had this as a hidden feature, and then got their app pulled from the app store because of it (more because it was hidden). When they were allowed back in, they were forced to remove the feature from their app before Apple would allow it.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't understand. Why do you have to delete camera+ from your phone because you can't access it in this way?

Because it is necessary to be overly dramatic. There is no reason to delete Camera+ just because of that. Sure, it'd be nice to always use it but if you're dead set on using it then unlock your silly phone and use it. (as I do)

Rrod

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2012
Chocolate & Fries
Yes it can

Jailbreak your phone and install AnyLockApp via Cydia. Any third party app can be assigned to that button on the lockscreen. Thumbs up ;) !

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
There are an option in camera settings where you can change your default camera app for lock screen if you can't change remove your app from your mobile and than set default now re install app so you will get your chosen settings.

No you can't. You cannot change the default lock screen camera app when using the phone as stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.