Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshJosh117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
When updating to iOS 5, I was asked to enter an Apple ID, so I entered my existing ID that I use for app/music purchases. However, I want to use a separate Apple ID for iCloud.

The only option I see to change the iCloud account is "Delete Account" but I am unsure what exactly this will do. How can I create a new iCloud account without deleting all of my "Documents & Data"?

flatfoot99

Aug 4, 2010
When updating to iOS 5, I was asked to enter an Apple ID, so I entered my existing ID that I use for app/music purchases. However, I want to use a separate Apple ID for iCloud.

The only option I see to change the iCloud account is "Delete Account" but I am unsure what exactly this will do. How can I create a new iCloud account without deleting all of my "Documents & Data"?

you will be given an option to "leave on phone". I was able to keep all my calender stuff... not sure about documents. I would back up just in case. You never know right now, with the way its been acting...

JoshJosh117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
I went ahead and did it, and didn't notice anything missing (including Pages documents) but I'll let you know if I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.