Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:50 PM   #1
bs2511feist
macrumors member

Exclamation IPHONE 4 how to JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK

Hello, my name is ben schwarzschild. I have a AT&T iphone 4 32 Gb (black) serial number: MC610LL. Version 4.3.5 (8L1). Carrier AT&T 10.0. I am going to sell it and i was wondering if either jailbreaking and unlocking, or just one without the other would increase he value of my product and by how much?

My second concern is just how to jailbreak or unlock it, i am not really sure at all, i tried a video tutorial but quickly got lost.

Thanks everyone - Ben
bs2511feist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:06 AM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

You should sell it as is.
Then the buyer can decide if they want to use a Gevey turbo sim to unlock it.
Whatever you do dont put it on official 5.0 cause that only unlock option will be gone.
Also dont try to JB on 4.3.5 cause it will be a tethered JB and the buyer if not informed well might get stuck in recovery mode.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:42 PM   #3
askwer2012
macrumors newbie

Re: IPHONE 4 how to JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs2511feist View Post
Hello, my name is ben schwarzschild. I have a AT&T iphone 4 32 Gb (black) serial number: MC610LL. Version 4.3.5 (8L1). Carrier AT&T 10.0. I am going to sell it and i was wondering if either jailbreaking and unlocking, or just one without the other would increase he value of my product and by how much?

My second concern is just how to jailbreak or unlock it, i am not really sure at all, i tried a video tutorial but quickly got lost.

Thanks everyone - Ben
Hi Ben, to jailbreak your iPhone 4, you might want to download the latest version of redsn0w which is a tethered jailbreak (which means it involves the use of a computer) here:
http://www.ijailbreak.com/jailbreak/...-os-x-windows/
You will find the download link at the bottom of the page just above the ads. Click download for Windows or Mac depending on which Operating system you are running.
Here are some easy steps you might want to take a look at: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...w-to-tutorial/

The other option you have is the untethered alternative (which means you can only do it with your phone) though I'm not sure how it works.

Hope this helps! and sorry for the tardiness; just joined the forum earlier today.
askwer2012 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwer2012 View Post
Hi Ben, to jailbreak your iPhone 4, you might want to download the latest version of redsn0w which is a tethered jailbreak (which means it involves the use of a computer) here:
http://www.ijailbreak.com/jailbreak/...-os-x-windows/
You will find the download link at the bottom of the page just above the ads. Click download for Windows or Mac depending on which Operating system you are running.
Here are some easy steps you might want to take a look at: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...w-to-tutorial/

The other option you have is the untethered alternative (which means you can only do it with your phone) though I'm not sure how it works.

Hope this helps! and sorry for the tardiness; just joined the forum earlier today.
Oct 18th 2011 I think he sold it already!

Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

I think Ben sold that phone a very long time ago
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:20 PM   #6
labman
macrumors 604

Newbs to the rescue!!!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Daremo
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Daremo Send a message via Skype™ to Daremo
Well, maybe a bit late, but at least he was trying to be helpful, and not sarcastic like many posts on these forums.
Universal iOS app : Novembers Doom : The Wayfaring Chronicles
Daremo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Tags
how to, iphone 4, jailbreak, unlock, worth more