Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:07 PM   #1
lnferno
macrumors 6502

Notes not syncing with iCloud

I can't get the notes on my iPhone to sync up with iCloud. When I log into iCloud.com, there's nothing in the notes folder. Here's what my setup looks like. What else do I need to do to sync my Notes to iCloud???

See that Notes for iCloud is turned on:

When I go into the setting for my Notes application, this is displayed. Notice that there's only the "on my iPhone" option. There is no other iCloud option. What do I need to do to sync my Notes to iCloud?
lnferno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:13 PM   #2
jlmitnick
macrumors regular

Try turning it off and on. My bookmarks weren't syncing with iCloud correctly earlier today and turning it off then on seemed to fix it.

Otherwise, not sure how else to help
jlmitnick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:33 PM   #3
guinness8878
macrumors member

My GF had the same problem with notes. Deleting iCloud, hard reset then activating iCloud again fixed the issue for her.
guinness8878 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:46 PM   #4
lnferno
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness8878 View Post
My GF had the same problem with notes. Deleting iCloud, hard reset then activating iCloud again fixed the issue for her.
Thank you! That worked! Kind of sucks that you have to do that, but I'm glad it worked.
lnferno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 04:45 AM   #5
sixonjack
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness8878 View Post
Thank you, Worked for me too.

I'll add... When I deleted iCloud from Mail settings on iPhone, I selected to leave the contents on my phone. After the hard reset I added iCloud Account back and when i toggled each item back ON it simply said the contents will be merged and all seems to be ok by that Merge.

Nice to have it working.
sixonjack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:24 AM   #6
mastaer
macrumors newbie

I've had my iphone 5 for several months now and have a good deal of notes. i decided to enable icloud sync yesterday but not a single note will go to my icloud account. I looked online and many people had fixed it with disabling and reenabling icloud but this did not work for me at all - even reset my iphone before disabling and enabling again my icloud sync.

One thing which I observed happened the fist time i enabled icloud sync was that an "Accounts" button appeared in my notes app. When I tap on it, there are too notes accounts - "iCloud" and "On My iPhone". All my notes are in "On My iPhone" account and virtually none are in my "iCloud" account. How weird is that?
mastaer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:10 AM   #7
bloutrein
Banned

Quote:
All my notes are in "On My iPhone" account and virtually none are in my "iCloud" account. How weird is that?
Notes which are within "on my iphone" account will not sync to icloud. as you said, only notes which you create after enabling the icloud sync will get pushed. There is more on the matter here: Unable to sync iPhone notes to iCloud
bloutrein is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone