Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
I can't get the notes on my iPhone to sync up with iCloud. When I log into iCloud.com, there's nothing in the notes folder. Here's what my setup looks like. What else do I need to do to sync my Notes to iCloud???

See that Notes for iCloud is turned on:
0e0b43a0.jpg

When I go into the setting for my Notes application, this is displayed. Notice that there's only the "on my iPhone" option. There is no other iCloud option. What do I need to do to sync my Notes to iCloud?
6123c905.jpg

jlmitnick

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2009
Try turning it off and on. My bookmarks weren't syncing with iCloud correctly earlier today and turning it off then on seemed to fix it.

Otherwise, not sure how else to help :(

guinness8878

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
My GF had the same problem with notes. Deleting iCloud, hard reset then activating iCloud again fixed the issue for her.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
My GF had the same problem with notes. Deleting iCloud, hard reset then activating iCloud again fixed the issue for her.

Thank you! That worked! Kind of sucks that you have to do that, but I'm glad it worked.

sixonjack

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011

Thank you, Worked for me too.

I'll add... When I deleted iCloud from Mail settings on iPhone, I selected to leave the contents on my phone. After the hard reset I added iCloud Account back and when i toggled each item back ON it simply said the contents will be merged and all seems to be ok by that Merge.

Nice to have it working.

mastaer

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
I've had my iphone 5 for several months now and have a good deal of notes. i decided to enable icloud sync yesterday but not a single note will go to my icloud account. I looked online and many people had fixed it with disabling and reenabling icloud but this did not work for me at all - even reset my iphone before disabling and enabling again my icloud sync.

One thing which I observed happened the fist time i enabled icloud sync was that an "Accounts" button appeared in my notes app. When I tap on it, there are too notes accounts - "iCloud" and "On My iPhone". All my notes are in "On My iPhone" account and virtually none are in my "iCloud" account. How weird is that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.