Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:54 PM   #1
aaryana
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Can't get iCloud backup to work

Tried to enable iCloud backup on the iPhone 4, but I get the following:

"iCloud Backup Failed, There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup."

Trying again and again doesn't work. So when I plug my phone into iTunes, I am able to enable iCloud backup there and then it will finally turn on.

When I go back to the iCloud settings on the iPhone, and try to "Back Up Now", it just says "there was a problem completing the backup, please try again later"

I've deleted my iCloud account and added it over and over. I also enabled automatic downloads on the Store Settings menu.

When I go into the Manage Storage menu in iCloud and look at my backups, it shows my phone with 969 MB, but then when you select it it shows nothing under Next Backup Size.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance...
aaryana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:00 PM   #2
gentlefury
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaryana View Post
Tried to enable iCloud backup on the iPhone 4, but I get the following:

"iCloud Backup Failed, There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup."

Trying again and again doesn't work. So when I plug my phone into iTunes, I am able to enable iCloud backup there and then it will finally turn on.

When I go back to the iCloud settings on the iPhone, and try to "Back Up Now", it just says "there was a problem completing the backup, please try again later"

I've deleted my iCloud account and added it over and over. I also enabled automatic downloads on the Store Settings menu.

When I go into the Manage Storage menu in iCloud and look at my backups, it shows my phone with 969 MB, but then when you select it it shows nothing under Next Backup Size.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance...
Might be best to go to an apple store. Worked for me problem free. It syncs every night when I plug my phone in automatically.
gentlefury is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:08 PM   #3
aaryana
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Unhappy

I went in to see them on Sat and they sent me down the road with no solution. Just to try it again later because their servers are slammed.
aaryana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:11 PM   #4
aaryana
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
For anyone else that is having this issue, the solution is to go to the iCloud control panel and select "Manage" under the iCloud Storage section.

Once the Manage Storage screen pops up, I had a 969MB backup listed as "incomplete". Deleting the backup did the trick and now iCloud wBackup enables on the iPhone and everything is working now.
aaryana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Bertvandewiel
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaryana View Post
Once the Manage Storage screen pops up, I had a 969MB backup listed as "incomplete". Deleting the backup did the trick and now iCloud wBackup enables on the iPhone and everything is working now.
This did work for my iPad, but not for my iPhone, because it doensn't have an incomplet back-up. Any other solutions?
Bertvandewiel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Kyotoma
macrumors 68000
 
Kyotoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Carnegie and Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertvandewiel View Post
This did work for my iPad, but not for my iPhone, because it doensn't have an incomplet back-up. Any other solutions?
Delete the existing backup?
__________________
Black 4GB 2nd Gen iPod Nano, Black 30GB 5th Gen 'Video' iPod Classic, White 16 GB iPhone 3GS, White 16GB iPhone 4(GSM AT&T), Black 16GB iPhone 5(A1429), 32GB 1st Gen iPad WiFi, 16GB 2nd Gen Nexus 7
Kyotoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Bertvandewiel
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyotoma View Post
Delete the existing backup?
If I go to the backup from the iPhone its says (in Dutch so the translation might be of): newest backup: never - size back-up 1,3 GB. But there is nothing to remove. There was on my iPad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foto.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	308974  

Last edited by Bertvandewiel; Oct 24, 2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added picture
Bertvandewiel is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:16 AM   #8
aaryana
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Try deleting the backup from the iCloud Control Panel instead of on your device.
aaryana is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restored an iPhone from backup that had iCloud. Now 2nd phone cannot turn off iCloud. NeonTrees123 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Oct 20, 2014 06:57 PM
Switched to iCloud Backup - Can I Delete iTunes Backup? PTVMan iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 3 Mar 25, 2013 10:23 PM
iTunes local backup encryption vs iCloud backup pafell iOS 6 4 Oct 11, 2012 07:33 AM
iOS 6 beta 4 to iOS 6 GM - Use same icloud backup? Will it work? Mysteriouskk iOS 6 3 Sep 13, 2012 12:51 PM
Wifi cutting out on iPad 3 & iCloud backup won't work on either device. visualise-this iOS 6 0 Jul 12, 2012 02:55 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC