Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1
pionixstar90
macrumors newbie

Question Is there any way to prevent iTunes storing apps?

I want to use and purchase apps only in iPad. It's not make sense to store them in iTunes just only for backup reason because it comsumes a lot of space in my hard drive and I think it is already work since, all apps can be re-downloaded from iCloud. I use my iPad to sync music, video and books. But I don't want sync apps. Is there any way for this case?
pionixstar90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Dhelsdon
macrumors 65816

If you look inside your iTunes folder, there is a folder just for apps. I supposed you could just delete that. Make sure you first uncheck "Sync Apps" when your device is connected in iTunes.

After all, it is supposed to be "PC-free" if you decide to go that route!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pionixstar90 View Post
I want to use and purchase apps only in iPad. It's not make sense to store them in iTunes just only for backup reason because it comsumes a lot of space in my hard drive and I think it is already work since, all apps can be re-downloaded from iCloud. I use my iPad to sync music, video and books. But I don't want sync apps. Is there any way for this case?
Apps are not stored in iCloud. It only stores tha fact that you have certain apps and their associated data.
Ashwood11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:19 PM   #4
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Sure you could do that but why? The apps don't take up much space.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Sure you could do that but why? The apps don't take up much space.
You will still get your apps back but they take up no storage space and don't use any of your free 5Gb. Imagine how much storage space Apple servers would use if 100,000 people all stored Pages. This way they are all linked to one copy.
Ashwood11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:29 PM   #6
donnaw
macrumors 65816

The only reason I can think of is if you have the app and sync it to your computer and for some reason Apple pulls the app you can still install it from you computer backup. If that doesn't concern you the don't sync apps.
donnaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting