Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pionixstar90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I want to use and purchase apps only in iPad. It's not make sense to store them in iTunes just only for backup reason because it comsumes a lot of space in my hard drive and I think it is already work since, all apps can be re-downloaded from iCloud. I use my iPad to sync music, video and books. But I don't want sync apps. Is there any way for this case?

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
If you look inside your iTunes folder, there is a folder just for apps. I supposed you could just delete that. Make sure you first uncheck "Sync Apps" when your device is connected in iTunes.

After all, it is supposed to be "PC-free" if you decide to go that route!

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I want to use and purchase apps only in iPad. It's not make sense to store them in iTunes just only for backup reason because it comsumes a lot of space in my hard drive and I think it is already work since, all apps can be re-downloaded from iCloud. I use my iPad to sync music, video and books. But I don't want sync apps. Is there any way for this case?

Apps are not stored in iCloud. It only stores tha fact that you have certain apps and their associated data.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Sure you could do that but why? The apps don't take up much space.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
Sure you could do that but why? The apps don't take up much space.

You will still get your apps back but they take up no storage space and don't use any of your free 5Gb. Imagine how much storage space Apple servers would use if 100,000 people all stored Pages. This way they are all linked to one copy.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
The only reason I can think of is if you have the app and sync it to your computer and for some reason Apple pulls the app you can still install it from you computer backup. If that doesn't concern you the don't sync apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.