Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirkbross

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Is there a way to format the 16GB SD card in my Tascam DR-1 digital recorder so it will mount on both my Mac (Lion) and PC (Windows 7) and -- and here's the key -- still be recognized by the DR-1 as a valid card?

When I format it FAT32 using my PC the DR-1 forces a format on boot.

Madd the Sane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Utah
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What does it format it to? exFAT or NTFS? Mac OS X can read and write exFAT, but only read NTFS.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Is there a way to format the 16GB SD card in my Tascam DR-1 digital recorder so it will mount on both my Mac (Lion) and PC (Windows 7) and -- and here's the key -- still be recognized by the DR-1 as a valid card?

What makes you believe that you can get away with reformatting the card in a file system other than the one used by Tascam?

kirkbross

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Los Angeles
What makes you believe that you can get away with reformatting the card in a file system other than the one used by Tascam?
Ha. Good point. I guess my concern is more that it USED to mount on my Mac and it no longer does (in Lion). I plug it in and see it mount on the desktop for a second and then it disappears. Then I get a fleeting 'this disc was ejected improperly' error message, which also quickly disappears before I can read it. In Disk Utility, the drive does not show up. It mounts fine on my PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.