Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Jigga Beef
macrumors member

4S doesn't recognize iPhone numbers in Contacts

Okay this is a weird problem to describe but my girlfriend is having trouble with her Verizon 4S. She had me and other iPhone users in her Contacts but when we text her it comes up as a number across the text message not our name. I am assuming its a problem with iMessage but she has my mobile me contact info in my contact info as well. Its only happening with iPhone users.

She is not using iCloud and has tried syncing with her MacBook still it hasn't helped.

Maybe a simple solution could be to turn iMessage off which she is trying now but still this should be a simple fix yes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jigga Beef is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:21 PM   #2
imaginex20
macrumors 6502a

restart your phone. This happened to me before, seems like an iOS bug when contacts app crashes.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:30 PM   #3
Jigga Beef
macrumors member

Yes she reset the phone and it worked!

Thank you!
Jigga Beef is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:01 PM   #4
jayalove
macrumors newbie

Unhappy didnt work

hi, i restarted my iphone 4s and it still has the same problem!
jayalove is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:21 AM   #5
fazzolar
macrumors newbie

Question Contact

I have same problem but it is only happening to one contact. Yesterday while texting this contact it just started showing the number as +1. I tried the *228 several times, deleted contact then reinstalled it, deleted message thread and turned phone off. Nothing works. Help.
fazzolar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Ljb0110
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzolar View Post
I have same problem but it is only happening to one contact. Yesterday while texting this contact it just started showing the number as +1. I tried the *228 several times, deleted contact then reinstalled it, deleted message thread and turned phone off. Nothing works. Help.
Found that the recipient had turned off their iMessage in settings, that's all.
Ljb0110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone