Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:51 PM   #1
orange42
macrumors 6502a

Twitter's "tweet" alert not working

Under sound settings, I have it so when I get Twitter alerts or am tweeted at or whatever it's supposed to play the new "tweet" sound. This is yet to play or work since I got the 4S on Friday. Anyone else having this problem?
orange42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:28 AM   #2
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how you have yours all set up... but here's how mine is set up:

Of the 100 or so accounts I follow, I have about 15 of them set to text me when they tweet. This comes from a number 40404 so I added the contact Twitter with that number and set its text tone to "tweet"

I did the same thing with facebook notifications. They come from the number 32665.

Hope this helps.
sakau2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:34 AM   #3
orange42
macrumors 6502a

I don't have Twitter or Facebook set up to send me an actual text, I only have them to send me push notification alerts or whatever, so I assumed the "tweet" tone would come when someone sends me a tweet via Twitter, not a text message? Am I wrong?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:38 AM   #4
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange42 View Post
I don't have Twitter or Facebook set up to send me an actual text, I only have them to send me push notification alerts or whatever, so I assumed the "tweet" tone would come when someone sends me a tweet via Twitter, not a text message? Am I wrong?
I'm not entirely sure. I think if you get mentioned or DM'd, that should happen though.

If you are looking to be notified every time anyone you follow tweets (seems excessive but to each his own) I think you have to go the route I outlined.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:39 AM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
No, you're right. You will however only get notifications if someone DM's you or @ mentions you.

EDIT* To be honest, I haven't hear the 'tweet' sound ever since I upgraded to iOS5. Is it possible it does it when you send a Tweet from within IOS5?

EDIT2* It makes the sound when you send a tweet from within iOS 5 and not the app.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:50 AM   #6
orange42
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
I'm not entirely sure. I think if you get mentioned or DM'd, that should happen though.

If you are looking to be notified every time anyone you follow tweets (seems excessive but to each his own) I think you have to go the route I outlined.
I just want it to make the tweet noise when someone mentions me instead of the traditional tri-tone, not every time someone tweets (that'd be awful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
No, you're right. You will however only get notifications if someone DM's you or @ mentions you.

EDIT* To be honest, I haven't hear the 'tweet' sound ever since I upgraded to iOS5. Is it possible it does it when you send a Tweet from within IOS5?

EDIT2* It makes the sound when you send a tweet from within iOS 5 and not the app.
Ok I just sent a pic tweet directly from iOS5 to another iOS5 user, which was the first time I used the integration and it made the tweet noise when I sent it, which I find dumb. I want it to make that noise when I receive a tweet mention. I also had to manually type @ove____, as in it didn't give me a list of people to mention after I typed @, which is also dumb. They need to fix some of this stuff.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:03 PM   #7
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I just want it to make the tweet noise when someone mentions me instead of the traditional tri-tone, not every time someone tweets (that'd be awful).
gotcha. i've got 15 or so close friends that don't tweet very often so i have them marked to notify via Twitter Text (and thus a tweet tone). i would never have all the celebs, marketing/advertising accounts, athletes, news sources, and bloggers that i follow do this, but my close circle of friends i find okay (and if someone tweets too much, i just remove them from that alert method).

the way you have it set up should work the way you desire. it sounds like you have it set up correctly.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:23 PM   #8
orange42
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
gotcha. i've got 15 or so close friends that don't tweet very often so i have them marked to notify via Twitter Text (and thus a tweet tone). i would never have all the celebs, marketing/advertising accounts, athletes, news sources, and bloggers that i follow do this, but my close circle of friends i find okay (and if someone tweets too much, i just remove them from that alert method).

the way you have it set up should work the way you desire. it sounds like you have it set up correctly.
Yeah see I have no interest in getting notified when ANYONE tweets anything unless it's directed at me. I don't know if I should try a reset on the phone, which I'd rather not do, so for now I just changed my regular text tone from tri-tone to tweet. I'd much rather the opposite though.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:43 PM   #9
Klautt
macrumors newbie

Find a resolution?
Klautt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:23 PM   #10
mszpara
macrumors regular

You won't get the "Tweet" sound when someone tweets at you, the sound only plays when you send a tweet from within iOS.

For example: go into your photo stream and tweet a random picture. The sound will then play.

There is no way of getting it to "Tweet" when you are tweeted at.
mszpara is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier