Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:33 AM   #1
Relznuk
macrumors 6502

Wireless/Bluetooth Headphone Recommendation?

I need a new bluetooth headset, but I have a few requirements, and am hoping one of you will have some insight.

I have a bluetooth headset already, the Plantronics Voyager Pro+, but I have grown increasingly disappointed with the fact that it will only connect to two devices at once.

I need a device that will connect to at least three devices - my MacBook Pro, my iPad, and my iPhone 4S, but I am not sure how to look for that when shopping for a device. MultiPoint can mean a lot of things.

I'd also prefer a set of wireless headphones that are circumnaural, fitting completely over the ear and helping to block out background noise. Also, I definitely need an included (preferably subtle) microphone, as I'll be using this with my iPhone for calls and with my Mac for Skype. I don't mind if the headphones take up a USB port.

So, my requirements for the wireless headphones are as follows:

Capable of simultaneously connecting to at least three devices.
Circumnaural (covering the entire ear).
Built-in microphone.
Required USB connection is OK.

Do any of you currently use something that would meet all of these requirements, or at least have some good recommendations to get my started? Price is not an object, but I do like to be frugal.

Thanks!
Relznuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:38 AM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

Bluetooth headset pairing is one on one.
blueroom is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:49 AM   #3
robanga
macrumors 68000

I just bought the Logitech Clearchat one with USB adaptor to work with Dragon Dictate, based on a review but have no idea if you can pair to two devices. It would seem with a USB adaptor you could not as it is looking for that radio and that radio only.

You might want to look at the Blue Parrot brand.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:15 AM   #4
deeddawg
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
Bluetooth headset pairing is one on one.
Not with multipoint pairing.

I'm not aware of any devices that will handle more than two though.
deeddawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:18 PM   #5
makua
macrumors newbie

Headset to use for calls on iPhone 4s

Apologize in advance, this is my first post on this site. Thanks for this post, I am looking for the same thing. My use case is primarily for marathon conference calls and I have been unsuccessful with in ear devices.

Sorry for rookie question- With the Logitech stereo headset, do I need to look for certain types of adapters to use with iphone as opposed to a pc usb connection.

Thanks in advance for your patience and advice.
makua is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:31 PM   #6
makua
macrumors newbie

Blue Parrot Incompatibility

One more question/comment: I had a blue parrot "road warrior" in the past but it was not compatible with an iPhone. When I called customer service they said, "sorry, we don't work with an iPhone, try a blackberry again." No thanks
makua is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories