Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Is there a way for Find Friends to remember my password or will I be required to enter it every time I open the app? If I'm not signed in with the app open, but my husband has been approved to follow me, will he still be able to do so?

frozencarbonite

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
Is there a way for Find Friends to remember my password or will I be required to enter it every time I open the app? If I'm not signed in with the app open, but my husband has been approved to follow me, will he still be able to do so?

You have to turn on "Passcode Lock" and set a passcode in Settings>>General. That's the only way I know.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town

Funny you ask this. A buddy of hit sent me a text last night asking for a favor because he knew I was at home and I wasn't signed in to the app. With that being said, it sounds like the app tracks you rather you're logged in or not.

citrate

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
You can still be tracked even if you're not signed in.

The signing in aspect is there to protect the people that you follow. Remember that they've agree to share their location with you, and not just anyone who has physical access to your phone. This password is there to keep your "friends" safe. If you have a passcode setup on the phone then you don't need to login to "Find Friends" because you're already telling the phone that it's you when you unlock.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Funny you ask this. A buddy of hit sent me a text last night asking for a favor because he knew I was at home and I wasn't signed in to the app. With that being said, it sounds like the app tracks you rather you're logged in or not.

He would have had to go into the App and slide "hide from followers" to ON. Otherwise it keeps tracking you 24/7.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
He would have had to go into the App and slide "hide from followers" to ON. Otherwise it keeps tracking you 24/7.

I want it to track me 24/7 so my husband can see when I'm available, depending on my location. I was nervous that it wouldn't track me if I weren't signed in. From the responses, it sounds as though I'm "signed in," but need to confirm my identity so to speak each time I open the app.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I want it to track me 24/7 so my husband can see when I'm available, depending on my location. I was nervous that it wouldn't track me if I weren't signed in. From the responses, it sounds as though I'm "signed in," but need to confirm my identity so to speak each time I open the app.

Don't worry, if you approved him to track you then it's still tracking you even though you aren't signed into the app. Just don't go near the meat packing district if you're in NYC and you'll be ok :D

rcappo

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
My Mom wants me to figure out if she can disable this password too. And she won't want to enter the passcode lock everytime she turns on the phone either.

When we travel home for the holidays or on vacations she likes to see where we are, and gets tired of re-entering her password everytime.

An option for entering the password once a day would be good I think...

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
I turn on the maximum passcode lock, which is 4 hours. It means I don't really have to deal with a passcode any time apart from first thing in the morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.