Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:46 PM   #1
cinek
macrumors 6502

iphone 4s bumper power button issue

just got my new bumper for my 4s, but the power button isn't working properly. It keeps on being pressed, I can move the top part of the bumper up a bit, but it slides back down after a few mins making the power button unusable ;/ any ideas what I can do? it works fine on my iphone 4 :S
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:21 AM   #2
davidp71
macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem. I've just upgraded to the 4S from a 3GS so this is my first experience of using a bumper. Is this issue related to a faulty batch of bumpers, or is there a 4S compatibility issue (something I find hard to believe considering they have the same form factor)?
davidp71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:17 AM   #3
cinek
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp71 View Post
I have exactly the same problem. I've just upgraded to the 4S from a 3GS so this is my first experience of using a bumper. Is this issue related to a faulty batch of bumpers, or is there a 4S compatibility issue (something I find hard to believe considering they have the same form factor)?
the bumber has been redesigned to fit the iPhone 4S - there was an issue with the mute button.... I'm not sure if it's a faulty batch or not. Have you tried calling apple?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Chrispy650
macrumors newbie

weird I have an apple bumper from ebay so it's fake but it fits perfectly and all the buttons work just fine.
Chrispy650 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:15 AM   #5
cinek
macrumors 6502

here's another issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UVhErpG3c&
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:41 AM   #6
bradkrischel
macrumors member

I went to the Apple Store in St Louis yesterday about this exact issue. The employee removed the bumper from my 4S, and placed it on numerous other display 4S's at the store. The bumper fit perfect on all of the display models at the store, so the employee concluded that there must be something slightly different about my phone. Since I ordered through Apple's website and didn't purchase through the store, I would have to make a technical appointment to get it replaced, but they said they would replace it as long as it was within 30 days. Hope this helps!
bradkrischel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:21 PM   #7
dogafin
macrumors newbie

I know it's late but here is the fix. I just found this out today, wish I had owned an iPhone when it first came out. Would've helped a lot of ppl with this problem. I did not come across this fix anywhere else, found this out myself.

Fix: there is a sticker under the power button of the bumper, get a small pin or exacto knife, carefully peel it up. This should reveal the metal piece. In doing so, creates more space between the bumper and the iPhone allowing for some wiggle room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	410340  
dogafin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories