Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)

Old Jul 11, 2001, 08:30 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Another image has popped up... seen on Go2Mac, this new image of the G4 is a clear "PR"-like shot. It can be compared to Apple's current front-view of the G4] The most notable difference in this new "spy" photo is the addition of the Apple Logo.

Real or Photoshop'ed? Wait and see...

[Edited by arn on 07-14-2001 at 05:20 AM]
MacRumors is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2001, 09:32 PM   #2
MacRumors
macrumors bot

apologies - lost 2 comments... the story wasn't linked correctly. It's been fixed.

Someone on another messageboard claimed authorship of this image... so it appears it is a fake.

arn
MacRumors is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2001, 03:40 AM   #3
Gizwald
macrumors newbie

Question Who has em?

I've been trying to catch a glimpse of these "Spy" photos, but everytime I try, they have been removed from the site. If anyone has a copy of the photos, I would greatly appreciate it if you sent a copy to gizwald_1@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Gizwald is offline   0
Old Jul 12, 2001, 06:15 PM   #4
Sayer

Odd behavior of Apple on G4 Spy Photos

If the images are fake, why would Apple have any claims to copyright/trade secret?

They are obviously doctored photos in many cases of real Apple photos so I could see that being a copyright infringement.

However it seems Apple is using the terminalogy "publishing proprietary and confidential information regarding Apple's G4, you and your company may be held liable for infringing Apple Computer, Inc.'s ("Apple") intellectual property rights" in its legal threats.

So if the images *were* fakes why would Apple be claiming the images violate intellectual property rights even though they are not in any way a final design or even a concept project?

It just doesn't make sense.

If these *are* the new G4s in some early form, they damn they are ugly.
Old Jul 12, 2001, 07:18 PM   #5
Macwizzard
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Macwizzard Send a message via MSN to Macwizzard Send a message via Yahoo to Macwizzard
I agree completley
Old Jul 13, 2001, 12:50 PM   #6
otlguy
macrumors newbie

Spy photo??????

Upon reviewing the spy photo sent to go2mac,

Iíve noticed blaringly obvious signs that this is a fake.
If this were a real casing the logo would not be off centre, at a quick glance it looks fine but upon closer scrutiny its been manipulated. Same goes for the two slots where the zip and cd/dvd are supposed to go, off centre. This is product shot, a product shot of the existing G4 Tower which has been manipulated...and poorly at that. A shot of a new product would not have the lighting match perfectly and I do mean perfectly even if they kept the same lighting setup for two years. Itís just a shot taken from Appleís web site and manipulated. Areas and shadows on the ground have been blurred.

Perhaps the reason Apple put out a cease and desist is because they had a shot of their product on there site without authorization.

Thatís my two cents

Jason
otlguy is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)